042 | HSM v. HSM

xlii

xlii. black, purple and
green yeah I bruise easily

A FEW DAYS LATER, THEY WALKED into school, seeing the signs posted everywhere that announced that the film was being shot there.

"This is so official, what do we do?" Ashlyn asked as they stopped at the door.

They looked at the sign on the theatre door that announced that this was where rehearsals were taking place, none of them moving.

"We're actually rehearsing for High Chool Musical Four!" Carlos exclaimed, excited.

"My college applications will love this," she said, "Kourtney Greene, philanthropist, student, Hollywood actor,"

Andy furrowed her brow, "Is anyone concerned that we have auditions for Miss Jenn in an hour?"

"No, I think thats when this rehearsal ends," Carlos replied.

The door opened and a woman in exercise clothes opened it and looked at them, raising an eyebrow.

"Featured background!" She seemed excited and hen they nodded in response, her face fell, "You're late,"

Andy looke at Ashlyn, shaking her head.  They walked into the room, closing the door behind them.

The woman lined them all up and gave them numbers so that she didnt have to learn their names. Andy was number 6

"First rule of being an extra, no talking or questions unless it's an emergency," she explained.

Crystal paced up and down the line, looking at them and sizing them all up to see if they had what it takes.

"Confidentialy, this is the big reunion song sung by Mo, Lucas and Corbyn," she explained.

Ricky put his hand up, "Crystal? I'd like to ask an emergency question," she nodded and he started to talk, "If we had an audition here in an hour what would we do,"

"The director would laugh that you thought it was more improtant than this film," She said, walking past him.

She showed them the dance, its complicated and difficult and had many steps but Andy tried to remember them all.

"Now, I know I taught that fast-" she started ro say, not expecting them to be able to pick it up.

"We've got it, one, two, three," Gina called out.