029 | second chances

xxix

xxix. and will you still want
me, when I'm nothing new

THEY ALL TOOK THEIR FINAL BOWS as the show ended, everyone applauding how it all went.

After Andy and EJ had gotten out of their costumes, she still couldn't get over his weird makeup.

"Come here," she said to him, grabbing a facial wipe and starting to wipe off those creepy eyebrows.

It was silent for a moment and they allowed themselves to just calm down after the hectic show, relishing in one another's company.

"Reminds me of when Ricky hit me in the face and you offered to clean my shirt," he said, smiling at her as she finished.

She stopped for a second, a smirk on her face, "Or when you got punch thrown over your head," Andy said and the two laughed.

"Thats when I realised I still had feelings for you," he said, taking her hands in his, "That night after homecoming,"

She looked at him, a smile on her face. Sometimes she wondered how she had ended up with someone like him, how she was lucky enough to deserve him.

Andy leaned up, pressing a kiss against his lips. She stayed there for a second, forehead pressed against his.

"I realised I liked you a long time before that," she muttered, pulling back.

He smiled to himself. He knew about her crush, Ashlyn had told him and he couldn't believe he had never noticed.

Their moment was interrupted when Ashlyn cleared her throat in order to get the attention of the whole group.

"Has anyone seen Big Red, it seems like I've been missing him all night?" Ashlyn asked and Carlos directed her to the hallway.

They all followed the couple, watching from the door as Big Red made a huge speech on how awesome she was.

Afterwards, they stood in the hallway where all the parents talked to their children about how proud they were.

Sophie was rambling on about EJ and Andys acting and singing whilst the rest of her family talked to each other.

She was glad to have such a close knit family and that they liked her boyfriend so much, she didn't know how she'd feel if they didn't.

Then Cash walked over, EJ tensing up as he wondered what his father would say.

The feeling in the atmosphere changed when he walked over and everyone was silent, waiting to hear what the man was going to say.

"That was amazing son," Cash said. EJ lookd over at Andy before smiling at his dad.

"Thanks dad," he said, the two embracing shortly before Cash started talking to Andys family.