Bio #4: U.S.S. Lexington (CV-16)

Ship Bio #1: Class and Service

U.S.S. Lexington (CV-16) is the 8th sister ship of the Essex-class aircraft carriers. The Essex-class are the new class of aircraft carriers, they're constructed during the naval incidents of the two Yorktown-class aircraft carriers and the near-loss of USS Missouri in the Battle on the Santa Cruz Islands.

U.S.S. Lexington (CV-16) originally was named U.S.S. Cabot, however it was renamed in honor of the former, U.S.S. Lexington (CV-2) which she was sunk at the Battle of the Coral Sea.

U.S.S. Yorktown (CV-10) originally was named U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard, however it was renamed after the lead ship of the Yorktown-class, U.S.S. Yorktown (CV-5).

She served throughout the Pacific Theater, starting from the Kwajalein Raid, the Battle of the Philippine Sea, and the Battle of Leyte Gulf. After that, she took part in an operation which was launching air strikes at the Japanese mainland as part of Rear Admiral Sprague's task force. After the war, she was used to ferry home servicemen in what was known as Operation Magic Carpet, arriving in San Francisco on 16 December.

Throughout the 2nd World War in the Pacific Theater, U.S.S. Lexington (CV-16) earned 11 battle stars and the Presidential Unit Citation.

Throughout her career after the war, she went through extensive modifications such as more-advanced technologies, an angled flight deck, and new aircraft. She was recommissioned on 15 August 1955. Assigned to San Diego as her home port, she operated off California until May 1956, sailing then for a six-month deployment with the 7th Fleet. She based on Yokosuka for exercises, maneuvers, and search and rescue missions off the coast of China, and called at major Far Eastern ports until returning San Diego on 20 December.

Unlike her older sisters, she didn't participate in both the Korean and Vietnam War.

U.S.S. Lexington (CV-16) was known for her captain, Captain Lexiare M. Lisiaco as well as the crew onboard during the 2nd World War. The aircraft carrier became the first aircraft carrier in United States naval history to have woman stationed aboard as crew members.

Woman stationed aboard the aircraft carrier throughout the years ranged from 1943 to 1980.

However, several of the women and men onboard the aircraft carrier from 1962 to 1980 are a bit disturbed by the ship's presence. Either the possibility of its human embodiment being mentally unstable. Some say that she was "in-love" with the human embodiment of USS Alaska, a large cruiser that served alongside her throughout the end of the 2nd World War. Testimonies solidifies that these human embodiments can even fall in love.

Because of her "emotions" and "unstable heartbrake" she had a rough career before they decided that enough is enough. Navy Hospital Records even say that she needs help immediately. So the navy decide that enough is enough, she had it rough since the end of the 2nd World War.

After a long career and in need of medical attention and help for her "emotions", she was decommisioned and stricken on November 8, 1991. 

While she was taken to therapy, her ship was turned over to the City of Corpus Christi by the US Navy on November 26, 1991. Then on 15 June 1992, the ship was donated as a museum and operates as the "USS Lexington Museum on the Bay" at 2914 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas.

In 2003, U.S.S. Lexington (CV-16) was designated as a National History Landmark. On 2005, her human embodiment officially returns to her ship. Records say that her long therapy paid well as she was finally back to her old self.

When the results of her mental condition were given, it says that due to the loss of USS Alaska, she has awoken a different kind of personality. She has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID). In an interview, she was at first, fighting against her dark-self during battle, but after the loss of Alaska, it caused a huge mental breakdown. That mental breakdown might be the cause of her other personality to lash out.

Naval Research Book III: Operation AZUR LANEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें