Chapter 194 - Live Video Feed

Start from the beginning

She was sure of it!

Devika’s phone was now in their possession. Where had the photos come from?!

Had Devika kept a backup of her photos elsewhere?

Just as Shehnaaz was mentally going over the possibilities,
she saw Devika’s expression change into one of complete mortification. Devika immediately turned, saw the photos on the screen behind her, and quickly covered her mouth before she could scream. She was even more surprised to see the photos than Shehnaaz.

Rahul turned around; his face paled when he saw what was going on. He quickly spoke into the mouthpiece of his headset.
A moment later, the video was abruptly cut off. The screen was now black as ink.

Devika was trembling all over; she could hardly stay on her feet. She had been careful to lock the photos behind a password—how did they end up in her travelogue
slideshow?

Up on the stage, Devika and Rahul had turned white as a sheet; down below, the Prime Minister and his wife were just as pale and panic-stricken. Falak was the only one who had not caught on to the severity of the
situation; she giggled and said to Kartik, who was standing beside her, “Aww, look at that, Lawyer Sen! I had no idea my sister and General Shukla are a couple… And they were pretending to be strangers just now! That’s so funny—I wonder if they’re trying to keep their relationship a secret?”

Kartik smiled slightly. He plucked a grape and popped it
into his mouth. His voice was cool and clear as he said: “You’ll have to ask your sister and General Shukla. I haven’t heard a thing about this.”

“Congratulations, Mr. Prime Minister!”

“What a surprise! I was wondering why General Shukla was single for so long—now I see he was waiting for Miss Gandhi!”

“Miss Gandhi just returned from her studies abroad. I assume that means wedding bells are in the air?”

“Congratulations, Mrs. Gandhi! Looks like you’ll have a son-in-law soon. Don’t forget to invite us to the wedding dinner!”

The photos had the effect of a massive asteroid from space,
causing an unexpected tsunami as it crashed into the ocean.

The photos were so intimate that nobody had any doubts about directly congratulating the union of the Gandhi and Shukla family. One was the eldest daughter of the Prime Minister, and the other was the a rising elite in the military world.

Regardless of how people saw it, this was a good marriage between two esteemed and appropriate family backgrounds. Even more fortunate was that the pair clearly loved each other, something that was truly rare in high society marriages. The Prime Minister and his wife were
practically drowning in the felicitations. From the stage, Devika heard everyone’s well wishes, but was quickly overwhelmed by the entire event and suddenly passed out in Rahul’s arms.

Rahul’s expression was dark, but he couldn’t give a real reaction in front of all the guests. He had no choice but to call a few people to come bring Devika back upstairs.

Sidharth calmly finished watching the video and didn’t even turn around before issuing the command. “First, break all network interfaces to foreign countries and initiate the “Great Wall” blockage to intercept all IPs that attempt to circumvent it.”

Deepak quickly took out a digital pen to record Sidharth’s words.
“Second, lockdown all the airports, highways and passages
out of the city. At the same time, apply for a military court arrest warrant to arrest Specials Operations Forces veteran,
Devika Gandhi. Third, deploy Special Operations Forces Military Police to accompany me to the Prime Minister’s official residence. Effective immediately.”