Chapter 194 - Live Video Feed

Start from the beginning

Deepak’s voice was a warning bell; Sidharth snapped out of it, right before he gave in to his desires. It had been a close call.
He slowly let go of her lips. He traced her swollen lips with his thumb and said in a low, husky voice: “Once you succeed in seducing me, I’ll teach you the correct way to feed me grapes…”

“…Is it different?” Shehnaaz’s misty eyes widened with curiosity. She gave a wry smile. “Didn’t you just show me?”

“Of course there’s a difference.” Sidharth couldn’t help laughing. He whispered into her ear: “…I’m talking about a different ‘grape’ here…”

“What…?” Shehnaaz wasn’t sure what he was talking about, but her face had grown as red as tomato. The deep blush on her cheeks reached all the way up to the corners of her eyes.

“Be a good girl now and go eat your dinner. I have other business to attend to.” Sidharth’s superhuman self-control was back in place. He quickly collected himself. He let go of Shehnaaz, tousled her hair affectionately, and hurried out of her bedroom.

In a few moments, he had arrived at the secret sever room situated behind his residence. He stood behind Deepak and asked impassively: “What happened?”

“Sir, this is the live video feed from the Prime Minister’s residence. Have a look for yourself…” Deepak stood up to make way for Sidharth.

Sidharth sat in Deepak’s chair. His face darkened when he saw what was happening in the video feed, and there was a murderous glint in his eyes. But in the next second his face was back to its usual calm, unperturbed expression. He was a mighty mountain, capable of weathering every storm.

As soon as Sidharth left, Shehnaaz’s phone began to ring.

She entered her bedroom before checking her phone: it was the phone number for the C City Special Operations Forces. Was this related to the “other business” Sidharth mentioned?

Shehnaaz immediately took the call, but no one spoke. A moment later, she received a link to a live video feed.

Shehnaaz’s finger hovered over the “accept” button. After a split second’s hesitation, she pressed it.
A live video feed began to play on her phone screen. It showed the hall of the Prime Minister’s residence.

Shehnaaz recognized the venue at once: she had just left the place, after all, and the New Year’s Day decorations that had been specially set up for the dinner party were easily recognizable.

She did not spend much time checking out the other details,
however; her attention was immediately drawn to the massive screen.

The screen almost took up an entire wall.

She guessed that the screen was on the eastern wall of the hall. There was a row of flower baskets before the wall, bursting with large, gorgeous Bulgarian roses. Shehnaaz could make out the drops of dew on their delicate petals.

Standing before the screen was Devika, looking irresistibly lovely in a cheongsam.

The screen was showing a slideshow of her personal photos.

Her older brother, Rahul, stood beside her on the stage.

Suddenly, the audience burst into loud cheers and unrestrained clapping. The screen was now showing intimate photos of Devika and Sidharth together
—the very same photos Devika had shown to Shehnaaz to trick her into thinking they had been lovers!

Shehnaaz’s eyes widened in shock. She almost dropped her phone.

She had confiscated these photos!