Part 6

After breakfast, I go out to the group's camp to check on Shane's ankle. "You know i'm fine." Shane grumbles. "Well, better safe than sorry. This wrap will keep you from rolling it or worse." I reply unfazed by his complaints.

It's not long before we all huddle around a map with Andrea, the blonde woman who seems like a know-it-all, Rick, Shane, and Daryl the redneck. "All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might've gone further east than we've been so far." Rick announces.

I'm cut off guard when Jimmy approaches. "I'd like to help. I know the area pretty well and stuff." he states. "Hershel's okay with this?" Rick asks noticeably unsure. "Yeah, yeah. Said I should ask you." Jimmy answers. "Alright then, thanks." Rick nods before going back to the plan.

Turning to look at the map, I spot Uncle Otis and Aunt Patricia's old home. "Nothin about what Daryl found screams Sophia to me. Anyone could've been holed up in that farmhouse." Shane announces as he continues to pace. "Anybody includes her, right?" Andrea asks leaning against the vehicle.

Daryl looks at us before gesturing the height. "Whoever slept in that cupboard was no more than yay-high." he states. "It's a good lead." Andrea nods. "Maybe we'll pick her trail up again." Rick suggests. "No maybe about it. I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up to this ridge right here. Take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid." Daryl states as Dale the old man places a bag of guns on the vehicle.

I doze off for a moment in my own train of thought. What if this girl is right under our noses. What if she made it into town? Could she have found another group? What if someone has her? All the thoughts continue to run through my head until I hear my name.

Looking around, everyone is looking at me. "What?" I ask confused. "You'll stay here. If anyone gets hurt or sick, we need you. If we find Sophia, she will most likely need you as well." Rick announces. "Okay." I nod.

Jimmy goes to grab a rifle before Rick stops him. "Hey, hey. Ever fire one before?" he asks. "Well if i'm going out, I want one." Jimmy replies. "Yeah, and people in hell want slurpees." Daryl replies swinging his bow onto his back before walking away.

Sighing, I look at T-Dog. "Before you go anywhere, I need to check that cut and re-bandage it." I state. The man nods his head and takes a seat. "I'll grab some bandages from the RV." Andrea states before rushing off.

As I remove the bandage, I notice the infection seems to be going down. "It looks much better. You're still taking the antibiotics, right?" I ask as Andrea hands over new bandages. "Yes." he answers. "Good, in a few days, that infection should be a long gone memory." I smile softly. "Thank you." T-Dog nods. "It's nothing." I smile before releasing him to do whatever.

-----------

As the day continues, I decide to walk along the edge of the forest looking for blueberries. One of the best parts of living in the country were fresh picked blueberries. I hear shouts from the farm and turn around to see what looked like a walker in the field.

Sneaking towards the edge of the forest I try not to announce my presence as members of the group appear to be running in our direction. It only takes a few moments for me to realize it's Daryl.

The rest of the group stops as Rick holds his pistol pointed at him. "That's the third time you've pointed that thing at my head. You gonna pull the trigger or what?" Daryl grumbles. "What happened to you?" I ask startling the hunter.

A loud crackle is heard as I'm thrown to the ground. A searing pain shoots through my hip. Static is the only thing my hears process as the world around me grows fuzzy. "Lexi? Lexi, stay. with us." Glenn orders as he and T-Dog lift me up.

I cry out in pain at the movement. "Stop, please." I whimper as the pain becomes almost unbearable. "We have to get you back to the house." Glenn states in a panic. We make it halfway through the field before the world goes dark.

The Farmer's Niece - The Walking Deadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें