Chapter 7

" 𝖓𝖔 𝖘𝖚𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖔𝖓 "

[ Your Point of View ]

Wednesday, the third day of school. I'm completely fine. School is great, classmates are great, teachers are great, everything's just great. On the first day of school and the second one, I fainted. Was it from exhaustion, or something else?

Today, I promise to myself, I will no longer pass out. My health is important, not only to me but my parents. I don't want them to find me in a hospital, laying in bed while gasping for life. I want them to see me as a successful person, as their daughter that pulls them to victory.

Hyakkaou is famous for gambling. Students are forced to gamble, whether in literal or figurative form. A private academy known for its illegal doings. Children of the wealthiest families enroll for the recognition of the school.

Gambling freaks are all over the campus. The color of red and black that revealed the outside. Clean white were inside. How about the students, are they the same as the buildings of this school?

Does Hyakkaou shape its students? But how do they control the mindset of most? Is it because of the addiction? Father had always reminded me of gambling. Apparently, gambling is a type of drug, but at what form?

I don't see any reason for irrational bets to be addicting. I haven't seen one gamble before. And I don't intend to find myself in a position where the gambling action is performed right in front of me.

Speaking of in front, I have arrived at my classroom. My hand twisted the doorknob after knocking. The door glided open and revealed what's inside. I walked to my seat, meters away from the teacher's table, where my adviser sat.

My bag was placed under my desk, laying limp. I was about to sit when a voice with question laced through interrupted me. " Y/N? "

I gulped while the air around me grew tense, getting thicker by the second before turning my head to the direction who called my name. To my right, sat my homeroom teacher, crossing her arms while leaning towards me, her own desk being the space giver.

" Good morning, you're early today? "

I looked her up in the eyes. " Yeah mam. " Two words brought a smile to her face, her lips threatening to close, but there seemed to be no reason for. Her head shook in a nod, giving me a signal to sit on my chair.

[ TIMESKIP ]

Break time is the question. My answer is no.

Seriously, there is no absolute way I could find the way to the cafeteria. This entire situation is like finding a needle from a sea of hay bale. Prickling hay leaves a scratch on my skin, just like the incident on my first day. The needle, however, is a whole new subject.

I like to think that my fate and destiny are having fun playing with my life and choices. It's not that I blame anyone, just me. This is my life. I choose what happen to me.

Back to the cafeteria situation. I might pass out again for starving myself, this time, I will blame my kitchen for not preparing lunch for me. Seems like leaving the classroom during break time just gives bad luck, according to my potato brain.

I stared at the window in front of me, beside the door, where I could see what's happening on the other room. My eyes widened when the same woman for yesterday made an appearance. A hand ran through her white hair to an endless tip.

This time, having what seemed like a mask was placed hanging tightly beside her head. The mask looked rather familiar, but where...

~

Beside the white haired woman with twisted locks, was another white headed. Half of a mask was revealed to my sight. Ash grey mask with black covered holes for the eyes and mouth.

She wore the same uniform as every female in the school. Red blazer, black knot, white blouse, short checkered skirt, and dark brown stocking.

A theatrical aura of menacing grime was shown from her stature. A blank space was placed on her masked face.

~

That mask was the exact same as that girl's. The girl who was trying to catch me after witnessing such incident. It was the most terrifying contact I ever had. To see a group of people looking at a dead body, and then being chased down by a masked girl and another that I cannot remember the look of.

Speaking of the incident, it was confusing that there was no news around the campus about the possibly dead body inside an unknown room. Shouldn't it already raise suspicion of the students, even the teachers? Two pair of huge wooden doors elegantly placed at the top floor.

This school is so weird. Kind students, understanding teachers, dead bodies, no bullying, and most of all...

.

.

.

.

.

The nurses are actually treating ill students with medicine and food.

////

a/n: *insert shocked face* waah who's this? i missed writing, and made this and more chapters out of boredom. ill publish another <3

LUV KINGSHIRAZU