i.

I ticked off the last box in my planner.

☒ reorganize room

Finally.

I finally completed all my to-do tasks. Ikaw?

Now, it's high time I rest. I went to my couch, let my body fall and just stared at the ceiling, not thinking about anything.

Growing up can be exhausting.

I just want to be able to have my free time. These days I've been so busy I haven't found the time to read a book. Nag-aaral pa lang ako pero ganito na ako kabusy. I hope it's not this bad if I'm working na.

I've been itching to pick up one, but I had to stop myself because it was still hell month.

Pagkatapos talaga nito, bibilin ko lahat ng nasa to-read list ko.

Ang init.

My class wasn't until this afternoon. But I'm already here sa campus before lunch.

I'm here at the campus ground, sitting near the big tree. The weather was a bit cloudy today, but now the sun is shining.

I looked at the sky and I was grateful at the view in front of me.

I sat there, wishing life was slow paced so I could just stay there for a little more.

I still have a ton of shit to do. Besides, ang init na.

Sighing, I stood up and went to the library.

The library was full.

What did I expect? It's usually busy pag ganitong time.

I was about to turn around when I saw a familiar face.

Si Kai. And may dalawa pang vacant seat sa table niya.

We're good naman, pero we're not that close. Baka awkward.

Pero mag-aaral naman ako e. Hindi namin kailangan mag-usap. 

I walked closer to his table, preparing what I'll say and how I'll ask him nicely when I realized he was reading a book. And not just any book.

The Catcher in The Rye

"No way."

I must've said that out loud. His eyes fluttered at me and raised a brow. I showed him a sheepish smile.

"Kai, hello. Pwed-"

"Anong no way?" Tanong niya sakin.

"I didn't mean anything malicious there! I'm just surprised you read that book. That's all."

Kai is smart, that I know. Tuwing recitations halatang may substance. And tuwing kasama ko siya sa groupings, lagi siyang may sense of direction kung anong gagawin, leader man siya o hindi.

All I can say is, I've always admired how smart he is. And he's nice, pero dahil sa talino niya nakakaintimidate pa din siya.

He continued to stare me, probably contemplating how to answer what I said. He bit back a smile. Then continued to read his book.

I smiled a little.

"As you can see, the library is full..." I told him.

He looked at me again, waiting for me to say more.

"Can I sit here?"

He paused then shook his head.

"No way."