💙Izzy #18- Childish?

Start from the beginning

"No! I want another one now."
She slurred, turning on her heels to go back inside.

"June Isbell, we are going home."
Izzy snaps, grabbing her by the waist causing June to start squirming.

"I want my drink!"
She shouts, thrashing around in his embrace.

"Stop, June, we're going home; you're drunk."
He says impatiently, setting her down by the passenger side door of their car.

"You're a meanie."
June huffs, her face morphed into an angry scowl.

"Get in the car, June."
Izzy says tiredly, trying his best not to snap at her.

"No, you're being mean and I don't like you."
She drunkenly sasses.

"Sweetheart, baby, you have to get in the car. Please, honey, I'm tired and we need to go home."
He says calmly, trying to coax her into the car.

"No."
June says defiantly.

"Fine."
Izzy says before going around the front end of the car and getting into the driver's seat. He started the engine before placing his hand on the drive shaft.

"Wait!"
She yelled, quickly getting into the passenger seat.

"That wasn't so hard now was it?"

"You're being mean!"
June snapped, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Put your seatbelt on."
Izzy said quietly, slowly pulling out of the parking lot.

"I don't want to."
She whines.

"June, you have to put it on. It's late and we have to drive an hour home still. I need you to be safe and put your seatbelt on."
Izzy explains, speaking gently to her as if she were a child.

"No."
June refuses, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Stop acting like a fucking child and put on your damn seatbelt!"
Izzy snapped loudly, causing June's bottom lip to tremble.

June silently complied, trying to keep her sniffles soft as tears spilled down her cheeks. She turned away from Izzy and looked out of the window before falling asleep.

Izzy, oblivious to the fact that he hurt his wife's feelings, looked over at June and smiled softly.

·

Throughout the week, Izzy notices something different about June. It's a small change, but to Izzy, it seems enormous. She's quiet and reserved. Izzy doesn't come home to find her singing to the radio or her favorite Disney movies. She's been reading, which is something she's never liked to do because she has a short attention span and can't focus enough to enjoy a book. But today takes the cake.

Before June, Izzy's apartment was bland. It was furnished with neutral-color furniture and looked barely lived in. But once Izzy invited June in to live with him, everything changed. She added blankets, throw pillows, and random-colored candles everywhere. She put up picture frames with cute little sayings and even a picture or two.

So when Izzy came home from the studio and found his apartment bland and bare, he knew something was really wrong. He looked at the end of the couch where there was usually a throw blanket because June got cold and noticed there was no blanket. Izzy realized there were also no sequin-covered throw pillows resting on his couch or recliner. What made it heartache, though, was when he found the picture frame that once held a Polaroid of the two of them empty.
The Polaroid was one June had taken herself when the two of them were having a movie night. She had on a Beauty and the Beast sweater, which was probably his favorite part of the picture; she was unapologetically herself. He picked up the empty frame and decided that this was the straw that broke the camel's back. He was going to find out what was wrong with June.