Chapter 8

When you were finally done with your bath, you put on a sleeping slip dress with a robe on top. You took deep breaths, you were nervous to sleep beside Diluc, even if it was only innocently. 

You walked barefoot across the hallway from the room you were sleeping in, to Diluc's room. The wooden floors creaked and the cackling of the fire could be heard. Finally in front of his door, you slowly pushed it open, making an acute creaking sound. Diluc looked at you and smiled. He was reading a book, in his pajamas. You were kinda hoping he would've been shirtless, but tonight was chillier than the other ones. 

"Hi." you smiled, closing the door behind you. He placed the book on his lap, leaving his finger inside the pages to mark were he left of. 

"Hey, it's a bit chilly huh? C'mere." He tapped beside him and you followed his command. you took off your robe, although it was all innocent, you were blushing. You sat and scooted next to him and pulled the covers to your waist. 

"What's that your reading?" you tapped the cover of the book. It had a sword with a tassel attached and behind it, and ancient scroll. "Oh, it's uh, The Legend of The Lone Sword." He slightly tilted the book. "It's volume 3, I still need to get volume 4." You giggled. You didn't think Diluc would be the kind of man to read those types of books, but it was cute. 

"I've heard about it, one of my cousins is a big fan and when he used to stay home he would dump all of the lore onto me." Diluc laughed along side you. 

He placed an actual bookmark where he had his finger and moved the book to the top of his night stand. "I have, really fun plans for tomorrow." He grabbed your hand, caressing it with his thumb. "Oh? May I know?"

"No, it's a surprise. But you'll love it." He kissed your palm. "And how are you so sure?" You teased. "Because, the last time I told you about it you had the biggest smile on your face, that's how I know." He shuffled on the bed, laying down and you followed. 

He pulled you close to him, making sure you invaded every inch of his space. It was so strange. When Diluc was in public, he was this serious, indifferent man. But when the doors closed behind him, he became happier, much more himself. 

You tilted your head into Diluc's neck, and he placed his head on top of yours. He caressed your arm, tracing circles with his fingers. You could smell the woody and clean scent from him, some of his red hair was tickling your face but you didn't mind it. "Good night, y/n." he kissed your forehead ever so slightly. 

"Good night, Diluc." you closed your eyes, and snuggled him.

---

When you woke up in the morning, Diluc had already gotten up which was weird since he said he had a surprise for you. You went and did your normal morning routine, went downstairs and saw breakfast already at the table, yet Diluc was no where to be found. 

Still, you sat down and ate the waffles and hash browns with a glass of orange juice. Once finished, you lifted your plate to put in the sink when you noticed a small note stuck to the table.

"𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴𝓯𝓪𝓼𝓽, 𝓹𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻.

 - 𝓓𝓲𝓵𝓾𝓬"

You glanced at the coat hanger and saw a cute straw hat with a wine colored ribbon. After leaving the dishes in the sink, you took the hat and went outside. The sun was bright as ever, and you could hear one of the maids sweeping outside.

"Y/n!" You looked to your right and by the vineyard was Diluc, holding one of the baskets that were laying on the floor next to him. He had a high pony tail today, and his usual clothes just with no jacket. 

"Diluc!, Good morning." you smiled as you walked towards him. 

"Remember when you were interested in picking grapes to make our very own grape juice?" He held your hands. "Well, some of my grape bushes are filled with them, so I thought maybe you and I could pick them." You picked up the basket and smiled along with a giggle. "I would love to." 

You both walked and talked as you picked grapes, making each other laugh and learning new things about each other.

"How many children do you picture yourself with?" you ask. "Two." he said putting a handful of grapes in the second basket.

"I thought you were going to say none." you teased. "Why?" he side-eyed you. 

"Well you don't particularly portray yourself as fatherly, no offense." you rolled your eyes half way. "Well, I know I seem cold, but I'm quite nice, don't you think so?"

"very" you giggled.

After picking up the last few grapes, it was already the afternoon. You both sat down by the steps next to the house while you drank cold cups of waters. "Can I ask a rather uncomfortable question?" you asked, putting your cup next to you and leaning forward. 

"Well, I can't say no now." he took a sip. "What happened between you and Kaeya? I know he's your brother, but you guys seem to be distant." 

Diluc took a deep breath and sighed. "It's... complicated. He was abandoned by the Winery as a child so father adopted him. We were inseparable. One day me and father were going back home and we got ambushed, my father injured himself tremendously trying to protect me... and after everyone was done for I looked at my father and... he was suffering, he wasn't going to make it so I... I had to end him myself." He sighed. 

"Diluc..."

"Then Kaeya showed up, and blasted me saying he was a secret spy and the sole reason we got attacked. My father died because of him, and he wasn't even there to at least fight with him."

puddles began overflowing from Diluc's eyes, you felt guilty now. You wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly, feeling how he slightly shivered trying to keep it together. 

"I know what it's like losing someone you love... I didn't think that morning would've been the last time I saw my mother." You raised his chin. "I understand you, Diluc." You took his hand placed it where your heart is. He smiled weakly. 

"Now come on, let's go make juice!" you stood up and pulled him by his arm. Both of you carrying a basket of grapes and moving inside. 

You were both quiet making the juice but Diluc breaks the silence. 

"Thank you." 

"huh?" you looked at him, your face stained with purple.

He laughed. "I said, Thank you.., for holding me." He gently grabbed you by the waist. You placed your arms around his neck. "Well... that's what married people do right? Hold each other and support each other both in good and bad." He blushed. "We aren't married yet you know? I can tell you to leave right now if I wanted to." he said smugly. "Oh, I know you won't anyways." He smiled, kissing you softly. 

After about one more hour, the juice was finally done and you could finally sit down and try it. It was amazingly good and fresh. Sitting down now by the table, you bring up the wedding. 

"Have you heard anything from the invitations?" 

"Yes actually, they were handed out yesterday, the last batch was going to be handed out today." He took a sip. 

"Good, I'm really looking forward to our wedding. I think it might be one of the happiest day we will both experience." you leaned towards Diluc. "I think so too, y/n." He leaned towards you as well, both of you smiling at each other.