1. The Plan

The Book is Slightly Inspired by the Movie - The Proposal

Mumbai City, August 2023

Maya Malhotra was having a meeting with her lawyer, but she didn't realise the decision which she will be taking right now would be changing her life completely .

Maya - Mr Rathod, how is this possible?? I mean my grandfather had this written in his will? How can he do this to his own grandchild? This is my own company, I have been running this since I turned 20. And no one can take this away from me.

Mr Rathod - Am sorry Miss Maya, but that was his will. We cannot do anything about it. You just have one option.

Maya - Oh no grandpa, I can't beleive you did this to your own kid. I mean....
So I have to get married before my birthday, that's what you mean??

Mr Rathod - Unfortunately yes! I guess your grandpa was very worried about your Marriage! And wanted to see you married before 30.

Maya was lost in thoughts, Her very own grandfather had stated in his will that her magazine company, which is her baby will be taken away from her if she won't be married by her 29th birthday.

Her grandfather knew she's a big time Workaholic and had zero plans to get married. Leave marriage she wasn't even interested in dating any one. She can't remember the last time she had liked someone or went on a date. It's been ages since she was single. Her last boyfriend was probably in her college days.

Maya beleived she was a feminist and there wasn't any need of a man in her life. She was ambitious, her company and work kept her occupied. Maya thought this is how her life will always continue, she was more of a loner who loved her independence.

At times She used to wonder if love even existed, relationships were nothing but brought so much drama in her life.

Mr Rathod - Miss Maya, are you listening to me? Your shares would be taken away if you don't get married before your 30th birthday. So you have almost like 4 months for that. Being the lawyer it's my duty to tell you the Truth.

Maya was thinking deep, she needed a way out of this, she cannot lose her company over something her grandfather had imposed on her. Her grandfather definitely made a terrible choice before passing away almost 3 years back. She remembered how he had  told her, to find someone for herself. Never in her dreams she thought , he would do something like this.

She was still thinking when she saw one of her employees, Vivian Oberoi....The photographer in her office grabbing a coffee from the machine and that's when her mind struck her.

The photographer in her office grabbing a coffee from the machine and that's when her mind struck her

The boy was exactly opposite of her, but he was talented at what he did...but there were times she used to hell annoyed with him. He was happy go lucky guy, someone who got along with everyone at the office. She could see how the female employees would look at him, she knew half of them were crushing on him.

She called up her assistant

Maya - Tanya, please send Vivian insisde my cabin.

Tanya - Sure Miss Maya!!

Maya - Mr. rathod, Actually I have to tell you something! I guess I have to tell you things about my personal life...since it's required.

Vivian gets a message from Maya's assistant that the boss wants to see him. He got his camera and thought probably she wants to scold him for something he did. Now again he had to deal with her rude behaviour early in the morning. Couldn't even enjoy his morning coffee.

Grabbing the camera he knocked at the cabin

Maya - Come In!!!

Vivian - Morning Boss!! You wanted to see me!!

Maya - Viv!! Come inside

Vivian couldn't beleive his ears, why did this  devil of a boss just used a nickname for him

Vivian couldn't beleive his ears, why did this  devil of a boss just used a nickname for him. What was actually happening here. Was it some prank by his boss? And why was she smiling so much at him? Was she fine today?

Vivian - Boss? Are we planning our next shoot or something?

Maya - No sweetheart! There's someone I wanted you to meet actually...

Vivian - Sweetheart???

Vivian was hell confused now

Maya - Mr Rathod, actually I wanted to meet Viv, he's a  Photographer at my office and my secret fiance.

Vivian - Ya photographer, wait What!!!!!!!!!

PreCap -

Vivian - Miss Maya what was that?? This wasn't the part of my job contract....you are being delusional now.

Maya - Am your boss! And you have to do this. There's no way out