Rooftop

(Sort of based on a demon and angel au)

I trembled, taking the first steps over towards my dear friend, a bitter and sour taste clinging to my tongue. I was afraid. Not afraid of my friend but afraid of the words that might end up slipping out of his mouth. I betrayed him heavily, it hung my heart and crushed my chest to deathly rumbles in my belly.

I stood a few inches away from him, while he sat on the edge, he paid me no mind.

He just sat looking over our small town, watching the sun slowly setting behind us. It's hollow red and purple glow, it was beautiful.

"You want to know why I'm up here." He asked catching me off guard, it had been a long time since I last heard his voice. It was groggy yet had this strong but gentle feel to it, like he wasn't angry to see me but he wasn't happy either.
"I like to come up here and watch the world we spent in for what- 6000 years? It reminds me that the world is strangely not all bad. Just watching people get on with their lives, watching random acts of kindness that rarely happen now a days and..." he cut himself off, taking a long deep breath out of his nose. I watched him quietly, leaning my arms against the side.
"And waiting for you to return..I know that sounds silly and ludicrous but I couldn't help myself, I would just come up here and watch the streets, looking out for your face and some type of gangly armed angel-"
"Hey!" I frowned as he chuckled.
"I'm just so mad, livid even but I can't even bring myself to hate you even though I have every right to. Just tell me one thing." He asked as I looked at him attentively.

"Why'd you do it? Why'd you leave me here all on my own?" He asked soon giving his attention to me, his eyes welded to mine. They looked tired and sore like he'd been crying, it broke me just then.

"I- I guess I got scared..I didn't know how to handle my myself and I just- well y'know." I bit my lip awkwardly and just looked away from him as he kept his gaze on me.
"It just seemed like the best thing to do at the time, I know I should've said something but what could I have said to you in that moment." I continued, a long silence between us.

"I'm sorry." He cooed looking away from me, I felt my breath hitch, gripping the railing.

"You could've said I'm sorry." He said, his voice turning to whisper as I nodded very briefly.
"You're right, that would've been more appropriate." I turned his tune as he returned my movement.
"Is it too late to say it still?" I asked giving Topher a side glance as he shrugged.
"I don't know you can try it if you want." He muttered.

"I'm sorry." I said turning myself to look at him as he kept his gaze out at the moving world.
"I'm not convinced do it again." He said.
"I'm sorry.." I gulped watching his head turn downwards and his knuckles turn white from gripping the railing.
"Again." He said a slight shake in his voice.

"I'm sorry." I quivered feeling my eyes warm, glacial tears forming.

"Again- again please! Again!" Topher whimpered, losing himself as I just thought to embrace him. Holding him tightly as he fell into my hold, gripping my shirt and sobbed heavily.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Toph, I'm really sorry, I'm so so sorry." I whispered into his ear as we held each other, aware of our emotions.

"Please don't leave me again- please-" he hiccupped as I cooed, gently stroking the back of his head.

"I won't, I promise, I promise I won't leave you, I swear." I gulped reassuring him, listening to him sniffle as he pulled on my shirt. He gazed at me with glassy eyes a slight frown in his stare.
"Never ever." He cooed a slight smile tugging at my face.

"Within reason never ever." I said as he smiled hugging my chest.
"Good enough for me." He muttered as I gently released him and joined him on the edge, sitting closer to him this time.

"The sunsets really pretty this time round." I said as he shrugged rubbing his eyes gently.
"No small talk- I just want to enjoy the moment as it is while we still have one." I chuckled and nodded keeping the peace, watching out over the bustling city, our hands crept towards each other slowly connecting as one.

TophAbe (Clone-High)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara