Identity soon to be known

"Topher I was wondering if you'd like to be my boyfriend." I gulped nervously, small droplets of sweat slowly sliding down my forehead as my eyes watched Topher, his expression scrunching into an awkward one. While his hands bawled by his sides and his eyes looked down as he made that weird slurping sound through his clenched teeth.

"Oh..Abe..you're very sweet, you're delightful and I enjoy you but I just don't feel the same way, I hope you understand." He muttered as I felt my stomach sink a little. It's not like this is my first rejection of the century but it sure doesn't feel nice any other time.
"I do." I cooed rubbing my arm.
"Like don't get me wrong it's not you- it's- I've taken an interest in some other boy." Topher continued to explain as I nodded listening.
"Like you could've, probably, most likely had a chance with me if this other guy didn't exist but he sadly does." He continued prattling on.

"Who is this other guy if you don't mind me asking?" I questioned as Topher smiled and turned facing out the window with his hands behind his back.

"You promise you won't laugh at me?" He asked as I nodded.

"It's a little silly but y'know cobalt Giraffe?" He mumbled a little embarrassed but I couldn't help myself but perk up at my hero persona.
"Uhh who wouldn't?! He's like the most famous super hero in all of exclamation USA!" I grinned playing dumb as Topher turned back round and rung his arm round my neck bringing me down to his height.
"Well- I have a little crush on him! Well I say little- it's kinda huge! Like massive- like I die every time I see him! Like you don't understand!" He gushed as I felt my heart skip a beat.
"No- but I have an idea of what you mean." I giggled, feeling my face ignite with heat.

To think someone could like me this much! Or well my herosona at least.

"Hey! If you'd like I could set you up on a date with him?" I suggested as Topher gasped hooking me down more, grasping my face pressing his nose into mine.
"You KNOW him?!" He exclaimed, his mouth agape.
"Oh I know him alright." I smirked as Tophers eyes were wide, filled with excitement and love.
"I think I might actually fall for you." He uttered as I felt my stomach flutter and my cheeks flush.

"But umm- anyways- I- I'd really appreciate if you could do that for me! Even if I did just reject you but you did say you'd do this for me." He cleared his throat and looked off towards the floor.
"Yeah- but I mean every word! You can count on me! Good ol' setting up your friend with a super hero Abe!" I grinned awkwardly swinging my arm towards myself as I gave a thumbs up.

"You're the absolute best! I can't wait!" Topher smiled pecking my cheek as he rushed out the empty classroom. Leaving me in awe, rubbing my cheek, quietly making a promise to never wash this cheek ever again.

{Time-Skip}

"Wow- what a way to cuck yourself WITH  yourself." Cleo sneered at me as she fixed her lipstick in her locker mirror.
"Don't remind me- at least he's into me right?" I shrugged as she rolled her eyes shutting her locker.
"He's in love with your persona not you! Little weasel likes masked men! Which is kinda hot!" She smiled as she thought about it as I sighed.
"What did you need my help with again?" She asked as I sighed heavily.
"Please can you help me plan a date with Topher- you have more experience in this kind of thing than I do!" I brushed back my hair leaving my hand on the back of my neck.

"Do you really think I'm good at planning dates?" Cleo cocked a brow as I shrugged.
"Well your in luck, I've been taking some online lessons and oh the things I learned! Did you know not everyone needs sex to have fun on a date? Well now I do!"
"I'd recommend a rooftop dinner or in the rose garden at the school or maybe the library! I'm sure you could decorate a little here and there and make it look romantic!" Cleo sighed thinking of her ideas and then frowned.