chapter 1, New friend

"Where are you, Gregory~?" Vanny shouted from the distance of the dark, neon-lit halls of the Mega Pizza Plex. As a young boy with blue and dark brown pants ran in the opposite direction. "Crap! Why did Freddy have to run out of charge now?" he thought, dashing through the hallway and ducking for the nearest hiding place, which was none other than the daycare. Somewhere Vanny wouldn't dare enter, even to catch Gregory; she couldn't stand the Daycare Attendant Animatronic, Sundrop. Sundrop was busy cleaning up the mess the children had made the morning before. It was good for Gregory; he was still banned from the daycare, and he would most likely be kicked out by Sundrop if he was spotted.

"That was close," Gregory muttered, falling to the floor completely exhausted. He looked down at his Faz watch; Freddy was still charging. Gregory groaned, knowing he couldn't leave the daycare without Freddy. He knew Vanny would be waiting for him. "Well, it'll be morning soon. I can just wait until then," Gregory thought, leaning back and hoping to get a little bit of sleep. He hadn't been able to sleep for a few days now, which Freddy kept pointing out was bad for Gregory's health. Oddly enough, Gregory wasn't even tired until the third day of being awake today.

But just as he was about to close his eyes, he heard something. At first, he thought it was Sundrop. But as the seconds went by, it sounded more human, more like crying. "Why would Sun be crying?" Gregory thought, until he saw Sundrop still cleaning up the mess. Then he realized the sound was coming from the ball pit, not the play area.

He stood up and made his way over to the ball pit. He wasn't expecting to see another kid there, though. The boy looked about a year younger than him, with bruises all over him, as if he'd just been in a fight. He was holding a golden teddy bear with a purple top hat and tie. It looked like one of the old Freddy models Gregory had seen in the maintenance room.

"Hey, are you okay?" Gregory asked. "P-please, don't hurt me!" the boy said. "Hey, I won't. I just want to help. How did you get in here, anyway?" Gregory asked, his voice gentle as the boy started to calm down. The boy looked around, confused and shocked. "I-i don't know. Where even am I?" he asked. "You're in the Mega Pizza Plex!" Gregory answered. "Mega Pizza Plex? What's that?" the boy asked. Gregory was a bit shocked; almost every kid in town knew what the Mega Pizza Plex was. "I'll bandage you up!" Gregory said, motioning for the boy to follow him as the morning lights flicked on. "By the way, my name's Gregory! What's yours?" "It's Evan..."