Prologue

This world was a perfect place full of perfect people doing perfect things. These people were stars whose lights outshone that of the sun at midday. In this realm, time was timeless. The stars had no notion of day and night. They were also oblivious of each other’s presence. They were living in their own individual worlds with no principles, no laws, no directives that stipulated that this was what was supposed to happen, how it is to happen, where and when. It just happened. Impossibilities were unheard of. They didn't know a word like that existed nor was there any concept of negativity ever in their minds. Everything was made possible by mere wish. The stars had control of everything. They were also capable of changing their past to align with their present and future. But again time was timeless. They sat down and wished for something and it came to pass, in a flash. They were also time travellers. They constantly shuttled through the future to the past and back to the present. They altered the time frame when they felt it wasn’t favourable for them. The stars also never worked. They never had to break a drop of sweat or do as much as lift a stone from the ground to build a house. At the beginning of staircases, they saw themselves at the end without taking a single step and they arrived there. Some who preferred to fly merely had to let their imagination do they magic and they immediately took to the skies. They desired a five-storey mansion built with gold and decorated with diamonds and in front of them it stood. It was really and breathtakingly magical. They graduated with first class honours before they stepped into any university. They sailed the world in their exclusive yachts, but never owned a car. The princesses fell in love with them after they rescued them from the ugly beast. Theirs was a perfect world indeed. Tales of their world like an angry hurricane travelled light years and spiralled into time as it walked the length and breadth of our world sparing no one in its wake. Mortal men were enticed. Like a hungry dog, they let drip from the sides of their mouth watery fluids as they cast their eyes up to the skies gloating and searching the great vast for this mystery world were work and hardships were never sired. I lustfully longed after this magic world that could fulfil every one of my fantasies, and one night, under the glare of  the light in my room, I closed my mathematics textbook and let my spirit drift. I willed it into the magical world and as a drop of petrol on a table slowly disappears, it subtly seeped through the sphere of my mortal existence and like a dream come true, entered into the world of the stars.
It was as exactly as the tales had described it. Mesmerising was not enough a word to describe the feeling the air conferred on me. I closed my eyes savouring the ecstasy of the magical breeze and basking in the tingling sensation it created on my skin. As I was revelling in the glory of this magnificent land of the stars, there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned and there was… a man, well he was humanoid and masculine. His smile was entrancing. He said his name was Bayo.
He was very handsome, almost beautiful. He smiled again and said that he had been expecting me. I was befuddled. He said it was the Season of Exchange; the time the stars sent of their kinds into the worlds to bring back new and foreign cultures and civilisations. Fluster was etched deep on my face. What was he talking about what? Season of Exchange? He didn’t seem like he was going to clarify. This was one of the reasons I’ve always walked out of lecture halls when the professor decides to talk Swahili in a chemistry lesson and forgot to bring along the translator. He didn’t seem to care about my confusion laden face. He said the stars did this by exchanging of their kinds with the kinds of other worlds, and this season, I had been chosen. He flashed me that same enchanting smile as he held my forehead. Slowly the surrounding started spinning, increasing its velocity until it was at full speed. I felt my breadth being drawn out. I tried to resist but I felt like all the joints in my body had suddenly become one long bone running the whole length of my body. After what seemed like forever, I opened my eyes and found myself in the magical world of the stars but I was feeling strange. I was still a masculine humanoid but no longer human. I had become one with the stars. Bayo? I think he had drifted to earth, in my body.