He blinked at her.

"Please say something," Violetta pleaded.

"Not going to lie, that was a lot at once, V," EJ stated.

"And the second thing . . . I'm supposed to leave tonight." Violetta felt her bottom lip tremble, and her eyes burned from tears pricking at the back of them. "I didn't want to tell Athena because she's dealing with her own big thing right now, I didn't want to tell Ricky because he would probably freak out, and I didn't want to tell you . . . I didn't want to tell you because I just got you back. Just like you didn't want to ruin my summer, I didn't want to ruin your night." She shook her head. "I can't just let an opportunity like this go, but I don't want to leave."

"Violetta. Look at me." EJ put his free hand on her chin, lifting up her head so she could look at him. "There's a lot of things I would have done different. But right now, all that matters is you." He moved his hand from her chin to her cheek, rubbing his thumb back and forth on her skin. "I'm so proud of you, Violetta."

She sniffled. "Thank you."

"And if there's one thing I know about you, it's that you always find someway to make things work," EJ continued. "Athena and Ricky will understand, just like I'm understanding right now. Listen, V, I love you. That will never change, not even in New Zealand." He kissed her forehead. "Go live out your dreams. You deserve it."

Violetta nodded. "I love you more."

"Definitely not possible." He then glanced back at the doors when the audience laughed. "Do you want me to stay with you a little bit longer?"

"I think I have to go, actually. Big dance sequence, you know."

"And you're going to kill it, just like you always do," EJ responded. He then leaned down and kissed her fully, just for a moment. "Congratulations on the movie. I always knew the universe was going to make you a star."

He then let her go fully and turned around, walking back into the gym. Violetta stood there, watching him go for a moment. His reaction made her feel a lot better, but it also made her feel a lot worse, because she would have to leave him.

Violetta then went back down the hallway and entered from the back entrance of the gym into the wings. All of the dancers, plus Carlos, Kourtney, and Dani, were already there.

"Vi, hey," Kennedy said. "You okay? You've been missing for a little while."

"I'm fine," Violetta replied, even though she definitely wasn't completely fine, watching Carlos, Kourtney, and Dani go out onto the stage. "Just . . . a little nervous, I guess."

Wasn't nervous for the number, no. She had that down pat. Nervous for the movie and for the future? Absolutely.

"Imagine having everything we ever dreamed?" Kourtney began.

"Don't you want it?" Dani asked.

But she couldn't focus on that right now. Right now, she had a show to put on, a dance to do, a crowd to please. She moved her curls off of her shoulder as she watched them get closer and closer to the chorus. Violetta let out a deep breath and smoothed down her skirt before putting an overly large, excited smile on her face.

"Don't you want it all?" her and the rest of the dancers sang.

They made their way out onto the stage, making two groups with Dani at the very center while Kourtney and Carlos went up on the stairs prop. Violetta continued putting her heart and soul into the choreography, knowing that tonight could very well be the last night she would be doing this.