006

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter six:real teenager, real star !

chapter six:
real teenager, real star !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA PACED AROUND the hallway of East High outside of the room made to look like Miss Darbus' classroom, surrounded by screens and cameras. The script Emmy had gotten for her was clutched in her hands. There was no way she could mess this up. She had to at least try.

"When I came here as a sophomore, I didn't know anyone," Violetta recited to herself. "When I came here as a sophomore, I didn't know anyone."

"So you're not sure this Violetta girl has the chops?" a familiar voice asked from behind her.

Violetta turned. Standing in the hallway, wearing a robe and clutching a cup of coffee, was Alyson Reed. Next to her was Mack, also in his costume. Violetta quickly ducked behind the nearest wall, listening in on their conversation.

"Don't get me wrong, Miss Reed," Mack insisted. "I mean, sure, she can dance, but can she act? I don't wanna look dumb in this thing."

"Yeah, we wouldn't want that, would we?" Alyson commented sarcastically.

Violetta pressed her back up against the wall, her eyebrows knitting in thought. Sure, she had been worried about the whole acting thing working poorly in her favor, but hearing Mack doubt her sent a new fire ablaze. She picked her chin up.

Go get them, Vi.

She entered the classroom, which looked totally transformed and pretty much exactly like Miss Darbus' classroom from the original movies. Her eyes set on her friends, and suddenly, it was like she was back in the rehearsal room. It got way easier to breathe. Even though everybody was dressed as a different persona — Athena a dance team member, Ricky a math nerd, Ashlyn a goth, Kourtney an artist, Jet a football player, and Carlos a skater boy — she recognized them through and through.

A makeup artist instantly rushed up to her, clutching a brush in his hand. Violetta stood still, moving some of her hair off of her shoulder as he brushed across her face, making sure her makeup was picture perfect. While she did so, she started to listen in on the conversations of the others.

"Wow, Kourtney, you are very in character," Ricky said. "Do I need a notebook prop?"

Kourtney laughed in response. "Oh, no, Ricky. This is not a prop. I'm writing eight college recommendation letters that I'm asking East High faculty to sign, so . . ."