005

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter five:morning loneliness comes aroundwhen I'm not dreaming about you !

chapter five:
morning loneliness comes around
when I'm not dreaming about you !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IN ALL HONESTY, all Violetta wanted to do was go to sleep.

It was no secret that she was never an early riser. Stay up late, wake up late was pretty much her motto. However, with this whole High School Musical 4 thing now, that couldn't really happen.

After a lot of careful thinking and weighing pros and cons, Violetta had said screw it — still hurt her to say when EJ couldn't say it with her — and said yes to starring in the movie. Sure, acting wasn't exactly her thing, but this movie was going to be huge. This could help her advance in the dance world, which is all that she wanted in life. Her name could get out there. So, she pushed away her mixed feelings and just went for it.

However, as she walked through the trailers outside of East High in her pajamas with Athena, her exhaustion was taking over.

"I never want to wake up early again," Violetta said. "Why did I say yes?"

Athena let out a small laugh. "You're going to be okay, Vi. That's just how Hollywood works."

She looked at her best friend, who had practically insisted on dropping her off once Violetta told her she was doing the movie. "You didn't have to bring me to set, by the way. I could've gone on my own. Besides, the background kids aren't in the Miss Darbus scene. Not that y'all aren't important."

"There was absolutely no way I was letting you go off to your first day on set alone," Athena argued, as sweet as ever. "You're going to be a movie star, and you really thought I wouldn't care about that?"

Violetta sighed in response. "Maybe let's not call me a movie star until I made it through the first day." She then looked back, only to see Violetta emblazoned on a golden star on one of the trailers. "Oh my God."

"Trophy best friend, let's go."

Violetta — no matter how hard she tried — couldn't move her eyes away from the star. "This is all happening way too fast."

Athena placed a hand on her shoulder, and Violetta immediately untensed. "You don't have to do this, you know. You're free to back out any time."

"I know, I know. But maybe I'll just give it a shot." Violetta managed to tear her eyes away to look at Athena. "You excited for the table read today, Gabriella?"

Athena nodded, a wide smile of excitement on her face. "Yeah, I am. I just — I can't believe I'm playing my dream role." She then gently pushed Violetta. "But this isn't about me, this is about you. Go on."