CHAPTER SEVEN, camp prom

Začať od začiatku

"Yeah. It's just polyester. Am I right?" Ricky nervously said.

"Ooh! The photo wall is lit." Kourtney squealed excitedly, linking her arm with Ashlyn's.

"We're stealing them." Ashlyn grinned, grabbing both Gina's and Fallon's arms as Kourtney grabbed Ophelia's arm and pulled them over to the photo wall.

****

"Okay, do I wanna know what's going on here?" Ophelia chuckled, walking over to where Kourtney stood as she saw Ricky laying on top of a platform pretending to fly.

"I don't even know what he's doing." Kourtney admitted with an amused smile.

"What is this?" EJ asked, walking over to the trio.

"I'm trying to figure out how to be a superhero, okay? I need to finish my bucket list by tomorrow. Only got two to go." Ricky explained.

"Wait," Ophelia cut in, looking surprised. "You actually ate three pizzas? Are you okay?"

"Yep. I'm good, kinda regretting it, but I'm good." Ricky nodded.

Fallon joins the group eventually, linking her arm with EJ. "EJ, can I have this dance?" She smiled.

"Yes. Just couple more prompts and then I'm all yours." EJ smiled back at her and Fallon's smile fell a little as he said that.

"Elsa, when Anna says," EJ clears his throat, opening the binder of the script he held. "But why? I don't understand.' You say..."

"Uh, I know this one, um..." Kourtney closed her eyes, going silent as she tried to remember.

"Curtain's up, cameras are rolling." EJ said after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah, I know. Um..." Kourtney's voice trailed off, looking nervous and a bit scared.

"Kourt?" EJ looked at her in concern.

"Are you okay?" Ophelia chimes in. "Do you remember this part?"

"I'm blank." Kourtney admitted shakily.

EJ nods, smiling reassuringly and closes the binder. "Still got twenty four hours."

"And counting." Kourtney chuckled nervously.

"Okay, enough of this. You're dancing and you're gonna like it." Fallon teased EJ, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the dance floor, but before doing that she grabbed his binder and put it on a table. 

EJ panics a little when she did that and tried getting it back, but he knew she was right. He needed a break. "Yeah, maybe one dance wouldn't hurt." He smiled at her, squeezing her hands and followed her to the dance floor. 

"Lia," Ricky smiles at his secret girlfriend. "You wanna dance?" He asked, offering his hand to her.

"I would love to." Ophelia smiled softly, taking his hand. When they were on the dance floor, Ricky squeezed her hand.

"You look beautiful tonight, by the way." Ricky comments, earning a giggle and an eye roll from Ophelia. "I'm serious. You're literally stunning."

"Thanks, Ricky." Ophelia replies, staring at him fondly. "You look pretty handsome yourself for someone who looks like John Trevolta."

Ricky chuckles. "You're not the only one who told me I look like John Trevolta tonight." 

After the dance, Maddox eventually stood on stage, getting everyone's attention. "Hey, gang."

"We love you, Gadget." Someone in the crowd shouted.

"Thank you." Maddox smiles. "Just a...Just wanna make an announcement. Actually, it's not an announcement, it's an explanation. Sometimes I want things to go exactly my way, I push people away." She glances at Jet. "Good people who screwed up like I probably screw up, basically, every day. So, I thought I might sing something tonight."