"Nope," Ricky replied. "That's when this rehearsal ends. So we'll be warmed up, ready to go and in Wildcat mode."

A woman then emerged from behind the auditorium doors. "Featured background?"

"Yes," they all answered at the same time.

"You're late. Why didn't you knock?"

"Funny story—" Ashlyn started to say.

"Time is money," the told them.

She then walked back inside, clearly not waiting for them any longer. Most of the group scrambled to grab onto the closing door. Violetta hung back and walked in after Ashlyn, letting the door shut behind her. She walked further into the familiar auditorium, her eyes locking on the stage — now this is what she lived for.

However, she suddenly noticed that two people were missing. Of course they were. Violetta turned back around and opened up the door again, peeking her head out the door. Sure enough, Ricky and Athena were standing there together.

"Hey, lovebirds," Violetta greeted. "Let's go."

Athena rolled her eyes at her. "Coming, Vi."

Violetta held the door open for them before going back into the auditorium. Everyone was getting onto the stage, which had props for the movie on it. Violetta fell into line next to Athena and Gina, her full attention on the dance teacher. While the dance teacher talked, somebody working on the movie moved down their line and handed them numbers. Violetta accepted her number eight and stuck it onto her yellow shirt.

"So, you're excused from class this afternoon," the dance teacher began. "I'm Krystal, the choreographer for the movie, and I've got two hours to teach you this dance combination."

Violetta raised her eyebrows. Two hours? Considering they had school musical auditions in an hour, that definitely wouldn't work.

Ricky raised his hand in the air. "We thought this was just an hour 'cause we really need this theater."

"That's what I was talking about," Carlos agreed, the number three sticker backwards on his shirt, just like he did with the musical announcement yesterday.

"Ah, first rule of being an extra," Krystal interrupted. "No questions or talking unless it's an emergency. We shoot this in a couple of weeks. Confidentially, this is the big high school reunion song, headlined by Mo, Lucas, and Corbin."

"I love how everyone keeps calling Monique Mo," Ashlyn responded. "I'm sorry, I talked."

Ricky raised his hand once more. "Krystal, I'd like to use an emergency question. If we theoretically had an audition here for our school musical in an hour—"

"Then theoretically, the director would laugh that you think a school musical is more important than her film," Krystal argued.

"Right, but—"

"Uh, we're honored to be here, Krystal," Gina quickly interjected.

Violetta appreciated Gina saving them before things got ugly, but she hated how something important to her, like the musical, was getting pushed to the side. She just wanted everything to be normal, like it was for the past two musicals.