Chapter 6: Kidnapped

Penny looked back at Happy who was watching cautiously, leaning against the driver's side door. She and Tony were taking a walk.  Happy was tasked to be Penny's bodyguard.  Penny waves to him, smiles sweetly and slips her hand into his. 

As they begin to walk down the sidewalk, Tony could see Happy out of the corner of my eye, following the two discreetly.

"Wanna lose him?" asked Tony. 

Penny nodded her head and smiled cunningly in response.  Tony pulled Penny onto his shoulders and started to walk faster.

"Tony?" she asked.

"Yeah?" asked Penny.

"Why do you keep looking at the sky? Are you going to take me flying up there?!"

"What? No, that would be dangerous! I'm just uhhh...keeping an eye out for someone who might stop by."

Just moments ago, someone in a flying suit came down, warning Tony to keep his guard up.  Tony thought that was a key: Look up.  They walked into a sandwich shop. It took Mr. Delmar a little while to tidy it up, but he finally got to finish it and it's so much nicer now.

They walk through the front and head past the counter.

"Hey, Mr. Stark, what're you doing?" asked Mr. Delmar.

"Just going through the back." Tony answered.

"Who's that?"

The shopkeeper gestured to Penny.

"Oh, this is Penny." Tony answered.

Penny stuck her hand out and high-fived Mr. Delmar as they walked past.

They slipped quietly out the back door and into another shop just next to it, a comic book shop. Tony pulled Penny off his shoulders and they duck quickly behind the stand. Penny cupped her hand over her mouth and whispered:

"Look Tony."

Tony peered over to see Happy looking around confusedly. He asked the clerk if he had seen us, as usual, the clerk wasn't even paying attention and told Happy that he "hadn't" come in.

As soon as the door to the shop closes, Penny flops on the floor and starts to laugh.

"Wow! How did you do that?" asked Penny as she giggled for the next part, "He's always following me around; it's kind of creepy."

"He's always trying to follow me. You see, I've become a master at dodging him." Tony answered, "You wanna see Mr. Delmar's cat?"

Penny stopped in her tracks and looked at Tony excitedly.

"Yes!" she answered with joy.

...

They've been walking in the city for about 2 hours and decided to head home. As they were walking, Penny turned to Tony.

Suddenly, the man, who called himself "Vulture" dropped down and grabbed onto Penny, pulling her into the sky with him. Tony impulsively jumped into the air, grabbing onto to one of his wings and was being dragged away. Vulture looked back at Tony and came to a screeching stop. The force of the trajectory pulled him up and he punched the man across the face, sending him back flying down.

Tony landed on the canopy from the apartment building and tumbled to the ground from there, leaving the world in darkness.

...

Tony heard his name faintly. It was Happy. He sat up, a little too quickly though, a sharp pounding throbbing developed on the back of his head.

"Where's Penny!?" Tony demanded.