CHAPTER 6: Fears and New Learnings

Start from the beginning

"Relax love, babies play, it happens sometimes with sibblings." Akshara tried to make Abhimanyu understand.

"No, Akshu! Just see his age, he's not even a year old, he can get infected, he can fall sick, injuries can develop some kind of rashes, or sometimes, little babies also get..."

"Abhi Stop! , just calm down, I know he's our son and you love him more
than anything else, but you have to accept it. It's a part of life! They're kids, tomorrow they'll go  to school, they'll grow up and they'll fall down many times, they'll fight with classmates, they also  will live a normal life like everyone else, and you can't protect them everywhere."

Akashara was right in a way. Abhimanyu was no doubt their father,but Akshara made a point that Abhimanyu  can't protect them everywhere. their sons will also join schools and colleges in future, they'll go out  in the world and This world has every kind of people and the people  their kids are going to interact with in future, will also include the impolite and rough ones
who may even harm them! he can't be their protector throughout their life.
seeing Abhimanyu still silent. Akshara sighed It was the second time that Abhimanyu cried for her sons, the first  time was when she gave them birth but that was out of happiness.

"Abhi, please.." Akshara wishpered and meanwhile a servent knocked the door.

"Sir this came from the hospital." servent gave a packet to Abhimanyu and went.

Abhimanyu gave injection to Abhir while he was asleep he let out small wail but Akshara patted his
head and he went back to sleep.

"You are right ! A baby has scratched another baby, the injuries are very minor and  slight, and about the blood, it's because a baby's skin is very soft and fragile, the skin cells can rupture very easily if manhandled, that's why he bled." Abhimanyu reasoned himself more than Akshara.

"So finally my docman husband is back" Akshara tried to lighten his mood.

"yes! and you also don't worry, just apply this ointment twice a day so there will be no marks or rashes."Abhimanyu said.

"I was also scared Abhi when I saw him bleeding but I have been grown up with sibblings I have my own experience that  how normal it is, so you don't worry about me." Akshara said.
she moved out of the room to give Abhimanyu his  space to process these new feelings and fears.

For the next few hours, Akshara held Abhish in her lap and consoled and loved the baby. She fed him,
kissed him but she was always next to him.

In the evening Abhimanyu came and entered babies room carrying sleeping Abhir in his arms.
Akshara was lying down next to Abhish.

"Hey sweetheart, how is Abhir now?" Akshara asked getting up and making place for Abhir beside where Abhish was sleeping.

"He's better now. He cried for two hours, Akshu..." Abhimanyu said helplessly .

"Come here my baby...' Akshara kissed sleeping Abhir's banded forehead.
then Akshara hugged Abhimanyu.

"look at this scratch-machine Abhish,sleeping without any care of the world, you know he scratches my face also every morning..."
Abhimanyu said looking at sleeping Abhish, and slightly smiling for the first time in these hours.
Abhimanyu rubbed his forehead, slight rashes were still there.

"I'm not going to leave him today when he wakes up." Abhimanyu scolded his younger son lovingly.

"We have to teach them to become responsible persons tomorrow, and I believe you Abhimanyu. You are the best father, anyone can have, you will be the role models for them, like you're the role model to many today..."
Akshara kissed his forehead.

They went to their room after making sure babies are sleepinng and baby monitor is on.
At night Abhimanyu was passing through the corridor outside babies room attending a call he went inside. Abhish was crying badly.

"What's wrong with him?" he asked the nannies who was almost scared of Abhimanyu after last encounter.

"Sir. Actually he's missing Abhir baba, They both play together and sleep together, but today Abhir baba is sleeping with Akshara Ma'am, so he's missing him." Nanny said.

"Give him to me and you can go to sleep now." Abhimanyu stretched his arms and the nanny gave the baby to Abhimanyu and went out .

Abhimanyu held him and placed his head on his shoulder.

"Abhish, my son." Abhimanyu kissed his head,
"Abhir is your elder brother naa, you have to love him, respect him, and not to scratch him" as Abhimanyu spoke, Abhish listened carefully. Though he didn't understand  even a single thing, but he listened to Abhimanyu very keenly and slept on his shoulder.

Abhimanyu entered his room, with Abhir sleeping on his shoulder.

"He slept?" Akshara awed, his both sons looked so adorable while sleeping.

"Yeah, I made him understand that he has to learn a lot of things, and the first thing is, love and respect for his elder brother!" Abhimanyu felt proud of teahing.

"As if he understood even a single thing, come here my boy" Akshara took the baby from Abhimanyu
and laid him down on the bed.

"Excuse me? Where will I sleep?" Abhimanyu mentally calculated, there was hardly any space on bed
to accommodate his six-feet tall frame.

"There..." Akshara pointed a finger at the couch setting the blanket on babies.

"Really? Is this why I made you a mother, so you could throw me on couch and enjoy a deep sleep with our babies on my lavish bed ?"

"Okay then, you sleep with the babies, and feed them if they wake up in the middle of the night,
and I'll enjoy my sleep on the uncomfortable couch, deal?"
Akshara stretched her hand.

Abhimanyu mumbled something and lied down on the couch. Being a mother was tough, but being a father was impossible!

                                                                                        ~THE END~