𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟔

Start from the beginning

My eyes widen. No one has ever defended me like that- no one has ever defended me.

"I-"

Sophia cuts off Nessa, "Jameson is adored by everyone because he's sweet and caring but that doesn't mean you get to take advantage of it and disturb him. If he said he doesn't want to do anything with you, you need to respect his space and leave him alone."

No one says anything. Silence falls between them and the only noise we hear is the rush of the hallway.

I don't take my eyes off of Sophia. Her emotionless eyes are fixed on Nessa, not a hint of anger or annoyance is showing on her face.

Finally, Nessa releases a heavy breath and walks away.

Sophia watches her disappear into the crowd before her eyes lock with mine.

She frowns, "are you okay?"

"What?"

"Your eye is turning red."

"Oh- wait what?" I cover my right eye.

"Left-" I quickly put my hand on the left one, "are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine." I squeeze my eyes shut and release a groan as another hit comes on my forehead.

"Jameson-"

"Yup, I'm okay." I take a deep breath, "let's head to class."

"But-"

Before she starts lecturing me, I rush into class.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sophia asks after she takes her seat, I hum in response, "does it hurt to talk?"

Yes. "No."

"You're in pain."

"I'm not." I say, gritting my teeth.

Ms Tessa enters the class before Sophia could question me further.

During the whole lecture, I feel Sophia glancing over me whenever I wince. I make sure not to look at her.

                              ________

"Go home, Jameson." is the first thing Sophia says when I sit beside her at the library.

"That's not very nice, genius."

She rolls her eyes, "you're sick."

"I'm fine."

"You just threw up." Ethan says which makes Sophia's eyes widen, I press my lips together. "You don't seem fine."

I look at Ethan and give him a tight smile, "shut up."

Ethan looks towards Sophia, "he's stubborn, he won't listen."

"You have to go home." Sophia says.

"No, I don't." I say and put my head down on the table, closing my eyes.

Another hit comes on my forehead, I put my arms around my head so Sophia or Ethan doesn't notice the crease in my forehead.

"Jameson," Sophia puts her hand on my back which sends an electric shock through my body, "you need to go home."

I groan in response, Sophia sighs.

"Stop being so stubborn."

I sit up and look at her, "I'm not being stubborn. It's just a headache."

Her soft eyes move around my face, her expression shows that she's worried.

She's worried about me.