𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟎𝟑

【••SOPHIA••】

I wanted my first to go well but so far, it’s not going as well as I expected.

Jameson is my seatmate.

Ms Tessa is concerned because I don’t have ‘friends’

She thinks Jameson is interested in being my friend.

And I don’t understand why a knot tied in my stomach when I saw Jameson with Nessa.

Last I heard they broke up last year. The news roamed around the school for a month. Apparently, Jameson was the one who dumped Nessa which fucked with her ego. No guy has ever dumped Nessa, she’s the spoiled queen of Crystal High, the daughter of the owner of Crystal High.

Since her dad owns the school, she has teachers wrapped around her fingers, she can get away with anything. Literally anything.

If he had dumped Nessa, why was she sitting with him?

More importantly, why do I care?

Jameson and I aren’t even friends. Why do I care if he’s back with her or not?

It’s currently lunch time. Everyone is in the cafeteria having lunch while I’m having lunch at the library. I always had since I joined this school. It’s better to have lunch in the quiet library than to sit at an empty table in the cafeteria and bear the stare and whispers of students.

Why is everyone so nosy about other people’s lives? So what if I was sitting alone at the table? So what if I don’t have friends in this school? I don’t have a problem with your life and your decisions, why do you seem so interested in mine?

My phone vibrates on the table. I pick it up and open the new chat box.

Liv
Heyyyy
How’s your first day going?

I type out a reply in an instance.

Me
Horrible.
Kill me.

Liv
If I kill you, who will spoil my kids?

The corner of my mouth lifts up.

I might not have friends in this school but I made a great friend when I was in middle school and she’s been my best friend since then.

Liv and I have been friends since 6th grade. Somehow she saw me as a sweet girl while other kids stayed away from me because I always had an irritated facial expression. Liv sat with me at lunch one day and ranted about random things. I usually get annoyed when people rant about stupid things but with Liv, it was fun.

She’s fun, sweet and very caring.

She’s the best friend I could ask for.

My phone vibrates with another text.

Liv
Tell me your day in short.

Me
The devil is my seatmate in mathematics class *annoyed emoji*

Liv
Interesting
Is he already dead or are you waiting for an audience (aka me)