Arriving at their hotel, they were greeted by the friendly staff who welcomed them with warm smiles.

"Uhh... Lia, you talk." Yeji quickly said as she pushed her best friend closer to the counter.

"Making the birthday girl do all the work, tsk." The blonde gave her a side eye before checking in and receiving their room card.

The moment they stepped foot into the room, the view was nothing short of breathtaking - the majestic Sydney Harbour Bridge spanned the horizon, and the iconic Sydney Opera House graced the waters with its unique architecture.

"Holy shit-" Yuna involuntarily let out before booking it outside.

Lia and Chaeryeong wasted no time in succumbing to their exhaustion, throwing their bags onto the floor and collapsing onto the bed with a burst of playful laughter. Ryujin and Yeji placed their bags down at the end of their bed before following Yuna out to the balcony.

"It's so pretty!!" The younger Shin let out a shriek, spamming her phone with photos of the harbour.

Yeji chuckled at her excitement and placed her arm on Yuna's shoulder, "You can take more photos if you use my camera."

Yuna shrieked even louder and sprinted back into the hotel with a goal set in mind. The pair chuckled as they heard scolding coming from the blue-haired woman directed at the Shin for creating a ruckus.

"This is nice." The cat-eyed woman sighed as she reached into her pocket for a pack of cigarettes that she somehow managed to smuggle through security. She opened the box and offered one to the hitman to which she gratefully accepted.

Ryujin took her lighter out and lit up the cigarette between her lips before handing the light over to Yeji. "Agreed."

As they stood shoulder to shoulder, their eyes traced the illuminated curves of the Sydney Opera House and the arches of the Harbour bridge. The city's lights painted a scene that seemed almost surreal, a dreamlike vision that photographs could never capture with its lenses.

The photographer's gaze shifted from the captivating cityscape to Ryujin. The twinkling lights of the city cast gentle highlights and shadows that danced across her face. There was no skyline in the world that could ever hold a candle to the radiance that Ryujin emitted, scars and all.

As Yeji's thoughts meandered, a gentle breeze stirred the air, carrying with it the distant sounds of the city.

"They look like they're having fun." Ryujin chuckled, pointing at a nightclub below them. Yeji followed her finger to observe the colourful flashing lights and the loud thumping of the bass that tainted the quiet night.

"Hey guys!" Yuna's voice broke the tranquil moment, pulling them back from the breathtaking view. The second they turned around, they were confronted by the younger Shin standing there with Yeji's camera in hand and a smirk on her face. "Smile!"

Without any warning, she pressed the shutter button, capturing a candid picture of the two.

"We weren't ready!!" Yeji yelled, flabbergasted by the sudden photoshoot. She pulled Ryujin closer to her, catching her in surprise. "Now we are."

Yeji donned a huge grin as she threw up a peace sign beside her face. Ryujin couldn't help but also smile with her cigarette hanging loosely between her lips as they posed for the photo. With the camera capturing their excitement and the city lights as the backdrop, the photograph held their happiest moment.

Another cherished addition to the story they were creating together.

-

-

Saved Me; Ryeji FFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara