1.1 What is Wicca?

1.1 What is Wicca?

A Wiccan is a person who follows the religion wicca. Wiccans are sometimes classed as "Witches". This is true but usually a witch is someone who includes spells with their wiccan studies (this is the majority of wiccans). People who do this are sometimes refered to as "Wiccan Witches". 

Wiccans can be solitary practitioners (on their own) or be part of a coven. Covens don't normally accept wiccans under the age of 18. 

Some do persecute or lie about wiccans because of scary images of people dancing around fires naked, but wicca is actually a very peaceful and harmonious religion, although some practitioners do go "skyclad" (naked) if they feel comfortable. Usually going skyclad is just classed as getting in touch with nature. 

Some wiccans do wear alot of black, not because they are goths, but because some believe that black helps them channel energy. 

A typical stereotype is that wiccans worship the devil. This is not true. In fact they believe in the goddess and the god. 
-Urban dictionary definition of ‘Wicca;

Many categorize Wicca as being a ‘nature based religion’. This is partially true. Most Wiccans do tend to feel close to nature, especially during their practices!

You may have seen the word, ‘Pagan’ associated with Wicca.
Paganism is an umbrella-term for worshipping more then one god/goddess. For example, the early Greek and Romans were pagans who believed in many gods!

But remember that not all Pagans are Wiccan, and not all Pagans practice witchcraft. Not even all Wiccans practice witchcraft!

Witchcraft, is actually a NON-RELIGIOUS practice of low-based magic. Anyone can be a witch, but that doesn’t mean that every witch is Wiccan. Ever heard of a Christian-witch?