i. Loud Music And Hot Stranger

❝I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you❞

🌙

i. Loud Music and Hot Stranger

The room was making Alisha feel claustrophobic. The bright cyan, blue and the other lights flashing across the room was the main reason behind her stinging eyes. The loud blaring music had caused her temple to throb so hard that she was certain her head was going to explode any second now.

Alisha Jones hated clubs as much as misogynists. Clubs were, according to her, a combination of loud music, sweaty bodies and bad lighting. She hated the idea of getting pushed around by peoples and getting stomped on the feet by a hundred different strangers who didn't even bother to apologise. Also, she was yet to discover the need to shout out the lyrics of the songs. The song was already being played at an insanely loud volume but the chorus of a hundred or so people made the whole situation all the more unbearable for her. And then, there was the pungent smell of sweat wafting off people. If she were out there in the crowd and not extra careful, someone would gladly smear some of their sweat on her. The thought alone wants to make Alisha puke. If it were actually happening to her, she's confident that she would have passed out for good and to never wake up again.

Alisha was sitting at the bar with a glass of tequila in her hand, which she was swirling around absentmindedly, while looking at the dance floor packed with human bodies and wincing to herself.

"Not a big fun of crowds, huh?" a deep voice spoke from beside her. Alisha nearly sloshed her drink on herself. She took a few seconds to recover from the surprise and then, slowly turned to her left. A man had occupied the stool beside hers.

His black hair was tussled. The shadows forming on his well-sculpted face made him look mysterious and illicitly alluring. His black eyes were staring directly at her. All of a sudden she felt exposed as if he knew all her deepest darkest secrets. She knew she should look away but an unknown familiarity resisted her from looking away. She felt that they were long lost lovers who had met after years. Unnamed emotions were gripping her heart in a vise grip. She wanted to embrace him and cry in the crook of his neck while repeating how much she missed him. She couldn't let a man she had barely met make her feel things so intense and powerful. 

The man again said, "I am sorry for startling you like that." The sound of his voice was like a soothing wave- it washed over her and made her calm.

She cleared her throat before speaking. "Yeah, crowded places overwhelm me." Her voice came out hoarse, the way she didn't want to.

"So, why are you here?" The man asked, intrigued.

"For the alcohol." Alisha lifted her tequila. 

When the man arched an eyebrow at her, she let out a small laugh and said, "I was dragged here by my best friend." She pointed at the far end left of the club where a black haired girl was dancing and flirting with a guy. "Tahiya loves club as much as men. I have been dodging her request to come to the club for two months now. Finally, today, she had enough and dragged me here. It was bound to happen." She turned to look at the man. He was listening to her intently.

Alisha felt even more self-aware. She had this bad habit of blabbering and she hated it. Tucking a strand of black hair behind her ears. she stuck her hand out to the man. "I am Alisha Jones."

The man looked at her hand, then, up at her. Maybe that was a bad move, Alisha's inner-self scolded her. All she knew was that the man sitting in front of her was hot and she couldn't do anything that would make her look like an idiot. Alisha's anxiety kept growing the longer he took to react.