32: The Final Stretch

Start from the beginning

It took 20 minutes.
Sun found every kid.
Sun found you SECOND.
God, that's embarrassing. The kids used to look up to you! At least.. a little.
Sun was about to give you a little 'victory high-five,' but you slowly shook your head at him, disapproving, and then moved his hand to the side, and he stared at you. Utterly confused, and slightly.. worried, probably.

"I want a re-match. I want to be the seeker." You blankly demanded. Well, almost demanded. You didn't sound THAT mean.

Sun immediately brightened up, and he jumped a bit. "Really?! Ahh! Fun! I haven't been a hider in so long!"
You smiled in response, but you were thinking: 'Good. That means you suck.' You started getting a little nervous about finding the kids, that probably knows this place better than you.

After a little bit of 'oohing' and 'awing' from the mc-gruffs, you started to count, you paused at '12 seconds' for a moment, as you felt as though you were forgetting something... you shook your head, and continued, passing it by.

As soon as you reached a minute, you yelled out like always, "READY OR NOT, HERE I COM-!" But you shut yourself up, as soon as you saw movement from across the daycare. You hummed, walking over to it, curious.
And low and behold, good ol' Timothy was hiding behind a stack of blocks timidly. And motioned to you.

You tilted your head slightly, and leaned down to him. "What's up?" You asked with a smile, and he whispered, standing on his tip toes to reach your face. "Ppssstt! I wasn't 'pposed to tell you, but I'm 'rreeetty sure Mr.Sun went in that air-re-a!" He then shushed you. And you nodded.
You know what? I guess kids snitching really is pretty cool sometimes.

Crawling through the play structures, you were careful not to make much noise, and you were almost containing your laughs for how goofy this whole ordeal was.

After a second.. two.. or maybe five, you saw it. A little yellow ray poking out from behind a foam wall. A giant smile formed on your face, and you tackled Sun, pinning him to the ground, a victory smile on. "Haha! I GOT YOU!" You chirped.
At first Sun went rigid, and genuinely surprised, but quickly started laughing.
"Hey! I found you faster!" Sun mocked, and you hummed in response. "Alright, that's because you were farthe-"

Click

You stared down at Moon, you were dead silent, and mainly dumbfounded. The only thought swarming your mind was 'Yo, the fuck just happened?'
Moon seemed to be going through all 5 stages of; 'Huh, that's new.'
At first he seemed a bit irritated, then confused, shocked, nervous, and finally, maybe a tiny bit flustered.

"Uuuh, Y/n, you know what I said earlier was totally just- uh, a joke?" He laughed awkwardly, it seemed like he was trying to have a mocking tone, but was completely failing.
You groaned, and rolled your eyes, getting up, and finding your way out the structures. "Yeah, me and Sun totally forgot naptime was soon."
Even though you couldn't see it, you were positive that Moon was rolling his eyes. "Really? I couldn't tell." He replied sarcastically.

It didn't take long for you to leave the play structures, but as soon as you did, your jaw dropped. The kids were all gathered front and center, waiting for you. Even Moon looked surprised.

-
Even though it was technically just another day, Moon seemed to put the kids to sleep slightly quicker than normally, and hummed as he approached the desk again. "Huh, our last naptime together, yet you didn't even sing with me. Such a shame." Moon was clearly just being playful, but you scoffed regardless.
"Oh trust me, that will not relax the children." You replied blankly, still staring at your computer screen, Moon leaned against the desk, and you took a few seconds, before speaking again. "Besides, it's not like this is our last time talking."

There wasn't a response right away, but Moon did sigh after a moment. "Uh-Huh. It's almost weird to think about, though. We got used to you being here."
Your eyes went wide, and you finally looked up at him, a faint smile tugging at your lips, and you looked back at your screen. "Yeah... thanks. I'm gonna miss it here, even if I do come back, I doubt things would be the same."

Moon stood up again, to stop leaning against the desk, and scanned over the sleeping mats of kids. "Never thought that'd annoy me so much." He scoffed, and you tilted your head. "What?"
"The 'if'. I hate how uncertain it is." Moon rested his elbows on the desk, tilting his head a bit, as he watched you type. "I would wish you had a kid, so you'd still come here almost everyday. But, that would completely undermine the entire reason we'd want to see you often." He rolled his eyes, and you glanced up at him, confused, since that could've meant mutiple things.

"How so?" You asked, and Moon went quiet, then responded, "It'd mean that you-" The sound of a rustling sleeping mat was heard, interrupting him, and Moon shrugged, going back to the kids, saying, "Nevermind. I'll talk to you later, Y/n."
You were too late to respond, as he was already far away, but you sighed, and stared at the desk for a moment, before getting back to work.

-
(FINALLY!! MY GOD, IM BACK!! IM NOT TAKING THAT LONG FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER I SWEAR LAAKOAOAO I JUST GOT SHOCKINGKY BUSY, REALLY FAST.)