that's the international sign for soothing. Tobi was soothing her. 

'what are you doing' she whispered without looking back to speak to him as she clapped for the entrance of the bride and groom

'exactly what it seems like'

'I just wanted to be sure'

They sat down clapping as the couple got to the centre of the stage.

The host continued with the next agenda of the ceremony. 

Ife showed up shortly with waiters who carried several meals. 

Remi didn't feel hungry and she knew Tobi didn't either as he gave the meals a plain look as they placed them on the table. He managed to smile and show his appreciation with a tip from the wad of cash he revealed from his agbada.

He never touched the meal and neither did she.

'Tobi looked at his watch and turned to Remi 'We need to leave'

Remi agreed with several nods as she didn't want to stay trying to avoid the gaze of Chima, his family members or their friends from uni as well as several other people trying to figure out who she was to Tobi. 

As they stood to leave Five groups of women with heavy breasts in the tightest corset dresses she had ever seen paraded by their sit as they stood from their chair distracting her from hearing what Tobi had whispered to her. 

Soon after she figured through Ife that they were women who pushed their self at wealthy men in a calculated way at high end events.

*************************************************************************************

Their drive home was quiet, Remi routinely got distracted with stealing glances at Tobi who was remained  quiet as he texted away on his phone. 

The house appeared on the sky line as they drove towards it and her heart filled with warmth, Home.

The once strange place now felt like home.

She started to gather her phone and other items she had held in her hand. 

The car came to a halt in front of the house and one of the guards opened the door.

'Thank you' Remi said

She watched as other guards alighted the ten travelling bags filled with souvenirs from the wedding that belonged to her, Tobi and other members of the family. She had hoped to drop them off at grandfathers on their next visit. 

Ife had told her that no member of the family attended events asides events hosted by the family for the family. The three eldest members of the family signed off on what events to be attended, by who and for what reasons. Due to her previous relationship with Chima, It was only appropriate to kill any note of bad blood.

They tried to take a very convincing picture with the couple before leaving which was intensely coordinated by Ellen. She really was that good at her job. 

She had briefed Chima and his wife to smile gracefully before Tobi had notified her they were going to take pictures with them. 

They minimised their interactions with one another during the photo session that only lasted a minute.

She sat next to the bride and Tobi sat next to Chima on the stage where they sat on the union couch.

Everyone smiled, the camera clicked and the flash went off. Perfection.

Tobi walked around the car as he passed out instructions to the guards. 

He started to climb up the stairs typing away on his phone again. Remi watched as he looked up from his phone half way and paused. 

The cars behind her drove away as he turned around to look at her. 

'what are you doing?'

she tugged at her dress to express how tight it was.

'Have you forgotten already' she said hoping to nudge his memory of helping her down the stairs as they exited the event hall. They had walked down the stairs side by side and he had helped her into the car as the camera flashes kept going off. 

She wasn't expecting the princess treatment but she needed help.

He strolled down the stairs and stood in front of her. He bent down and she jerked back at the thought of him lifting her and throwing her over his shoulder again.

'calm down, I am not doing that'

'well'

' just relax' he said reaching for the back of her ankle.

He raised her dress slightly to expose her ankle as he tugged at the buckle of her heels. He unhooked it and removed the shoe from her feet. She held on to him to maintain her balance as he continued to her other leg. 

He took that off as well and her feet touch the ground, He stood up and stretched out his arm.

She put her arms in his and he locked it as he led her up the stairs. 

His phone pinged but he didn't look at it.

The door was opened for them before they arrived the last few stairs, "Thank you Agnes" Tobi said as they walked into the foyer. 

One maid unburdened her off the things she had been carrying before she noticed the travelling bags in the middle of their large foyer with some maids standing by behind them.

It wasn't the same ones as the one they had just arrived with but the same as the one at the end of her walk in closest 

"what are they doing here" she asked as Tobi released her hand.

"I have arranged for you to go and stay with your parents for a few days, you shouldn't be alone today of all days'

'I don't know what to say'

'The jet is waiting for you. You can get some rest in the suite during the flight time' he said as he walked away texting. 

Remi had to think fast, as good as spending time with her family seemed after watching the man she loved marry another woman she needed to get ahead of her deal with grandfather.

'Tobi' she called out 'I had rather stay here with you

She