✯----²⁸.𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭----✯

✯𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭:1K+
✯⚠️:𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

I was in the halls with Hermione going to our next class.

"And I have already so many assigments to do for tomorrow." I say to her
"We will get through this. Don't worry. If you want we can study toghether after classes in the library."
"That would be amaizing!" I say as I smile to her and she smiles back.

After a few moments of silence she speaks again "Hey... Isn't that Mattheo?" She asks confused
"Where?" I ask and I look in the direction she is looking

I see Mattheo pinning to the walls of the halls a brunette girl. He is smiling at her. The smile de does to me.
She is laughting and hittint his arm playfully.

I feel my heart shatter and my vision was getting blurry. How could he do this the day after I confessed my feelings to him?

Hermione put her arm around my shoulders and as we were turning around I hear footsteps behind us.
I look around and I see Mattheo behind me.
"Hey Y/n. Are you ok?" he asks like he doesn't know that we saw him

I look at Hermione and she just nods and turns to him, still holding my hand.
"After Y/n told you her feelings for you, you go around and flirt with other girls?" Hermione asks, rage clear in her tone of voice
Mattheo looks taken by surprise, but then looks at me and sees the tears that started running down my face.
I turn my head to the side so I was facing Hermione.

"Can we go now?" I ask between sobs. She nods and we start walking to our dorms, while Mattheo is screaming my name and following us.

"Mattheo leave me the fuck alone, ok?! I don't want to ever see you again you asshole!" I say screaming, but never facing him as me and Hermione continue walking.

*Timeskip*
Hermione gets me in my dorm let's me on the bed.
"Y/n, I'm really sorry but I have classes. I will tell the teachers you are not feeling well so maybe you can stay here the next few days if you want." Hermione said as she gave me a reassuring smile. I just nod and turn to the other side on my bed so I was facing the wall.

I hear footsteps going further and further, then the door opening and closing.
As soon as the door closed I start crying my eyes out. I remember when I confessed to Mattheo and that I thought he was the one.

*Flashback*
I was in the Slytherin common room to go to Pansy so we can study toghether. In the room I see Mattheo sitting on the couch, so i decide to join him for a bit.

"Hi." I say as I let myself on the couch
He turns to look at me and smiles.
"Everything ok Mattheo?" I ask with a bit of concern in my voice
He just nods as he looks at the window in front of us.

"Life is just getting harder and harder for me." He says as he lets ous a sigh
I hug him from the side and he puts his head on top of mine. With the corner of my eye I see Pansy looking at us with Draco.
She nods at me gesturing to Mattheo right after. I knew what she meant. Maybe it was the time to tell him.

"Mattheo, I have to tell you something." I say as I pull away from the hug.
He looks at me with a serious expression on his face.

"You and me have been friends for a while now... And I have been hiding something that I just can't anymore." I say as I look out the window and then turn to look at him
"I like you Mattheo. Like, a lot..." I say as I smile, hoping he would return the feelings
He looks at me shocked than quickly gets up.

"I need to go... Draco told me to be in his room." He says as he walks away and leaves me on the couch.
Not even a minute after both Pansy and Draco came and sat next to me.

Pansy hugs me as she pats my back. "I'm sorry Y/n. I don't know what's up with him."

"Neither do I..." I mumble as she lets me go.

"Sorry Y/n. I will go talk to him." Said Draco as he got up from the couch and left the common room the way Mattheo left.
*End of Flashback*

Maybe it was just weong to think that someone like me would ever end up with someone like him, a Riddle.

Just then I hear a few knocks on my bedroom door.
"Come in" I say, assuming it was Hermione, but when I look at the door I see Mattheo.

"Hey..." he says as he seats on the edge of the bed.
I turn around so I am not facong him anymore. I didn't want him to see the stage I was in because of him.

Mattheo's POV
"Hey" I say as I sit on the edge of the bed. I can't help but see Y/n's red eyes and tear stained cheecks. I felt so bad. She was like this because of me.

She then turned around so I couldn't see her face anymore.

We stay in a few minutes of silence, with me thinking what to say and her probably thinking about how I am such an asshole, which I am.

"What do you want Mattheo?" she asks, still not facing me
"Look Y/n. I didn't mean to..." I start but she interrupts me

"Didn't mean to what? Break my hurt, run away when I was confessing my feelings and flirting with other girls right in my face? How accidents can happen, right?!" She says as she turns around.

We lock eyes for a minute but then I look st the floor.
"Kind of." I say as I let out an embarrassed laugh.
"I was too scared to tell you yesterday how I felt, because I always think about how I'm not good for you. And today I wasn't flirting with her, she is an good childhood friend. There is nothing between us." I say, my voice going quiet by the last part.

She looks at me and sits up.
Shs then hugs me "It's ok..."
And I hug her back.