༺ 𝟒𝟕 ༻

Friday, 10 am

It all started when both Taehyun and Beomgyu decided to lean forward and stretch their arms to grab something at the same time, resulting in Taehyun's hand falling perfectly on top of Beomgyu's.

"What do you think you're doing?" Taehyun whispers between his clenched teeth as his eyes look down to analyze the palm of his hand pressing against Beomgyu's. Anyone would agree that Beomgyu had been faster and reached the little monopoly hat piece first, but Taehyun's stubborn nature was preventing him from backing down and admitting his defeat.

Beomgyu stayed quiet for a few seconds, silently observing as Taehyun grasped his hand, not letting him go. So that's how you want to play it, hm?

"I'm choosing my token. What do you think you're doing?" Beomgyu retributes the threatening tone and Taehyun lets out a frustrated laugh, his teeth still clenching fiercely.

"I'm taking the hat. Now get your filthy hand out of it so I can grab it."

The others all watched as Beomgyu expressed a machiavellian grin, making it clear that a new fight had begun and that he had zero intentions of moving his hand away, and soon he and Taehyun fall into a weird eye contest, leaving everyone in the room looking at each other awkwardly, not really knowing what to do about them. Huening Kai was the first one to let out a heavy sigh, as he was probably the only one who knew that this unpleasant friction between those two started this morning. It all happened too fast, Huening Kai was peacefully sleeping when loud noises of people arguing behind his door woke him up. He remembers seeing 7:13 a.m. written in big shiny colors when he looked at the time and couldn't fall back asleep because the voices behind his bedroom door seemed to never cease. And when he least expected it, his door was opened by an angry Taehyun who shoved Beomgyu inside and then closed the door rather harshly than he needed to. Huening Kai looked at Beomgyu with a questioning look but the older didn't say anything else besides a little 'sorry', as he walked to his bed in depressing slow steps. And so Kai stayed in his bed, unable to sleep because of another one of their little fights.

"Are they children?" Soobin asked with an embarrassed tone and some of the girls laughed as they weren't used to that behavior and found it entertaining.

"And they're both holding hands. That's kinda gay." Ryujin voices out loud, trying to see if she could faze the two boys and make them move away, but it was pointless, as they remained petrified in their place.

The group decides that ignoring the two boys for the next few minutes is the wisest choice to make and they use that time to distribute the money papers and organize the mystery cards in the center of the gameboard. But when they finished, it was no surprise that Beomgyu and Taehyun were still petrified in place, their eyes connected like magnets and stern expressions wearing their faces.

"Okay, this is stupid. Stop acting like two toddlers and one of you give up and choose another piece," Yeonjun orders, but frowns his eyebrows when he notices the two boys aren't paying attention to his words. "Okay, this is it! Beomgyu touched the hat token first, so Taehyun go grab another one! Now!" Taehyun didn't even have time to open his mouth as Yeonjun shushed him with his index finger from a distance. "No whining!"

Taehyun bites the inside of his cheek as hard as he can so that he doesn't let the words that are threatening to leave his mouth slip by mistake. He looks at Beomgyu and hates how attractive he looks at the moment, his handsome smirk and pretty eyes teasing him and the blonde has trouble looking away from his face, as Beomgyu keeps holding his gaze with a magnetic force that Taehyun wants to believe it's witchcraft and not stupid chemistry. However, with a lot of effort, he manages to break the eye contact and grab a random token, his soul now ready to start the game. Handsome motherfucker.