Types of Acne

Written: 03/12/2020

WHAT TYPE OF ACNE DO YOU HAVE?

Now, you are obviously wondering why I would include this when all you're interested in is finding solutions! But listen, what you think is severe acne might just be Moderate according to the charts, so please read through this once.

1. Non-Inflammatory

This is basically when you have painless blackhead/ whiteheads/ hyperpigmentation, and they are limited to a few areas of your face/ body.

2. Moderate 

This is when you have painless blackheads / whiteheads / swollen (red) pimples, and they are all over your face. It might extend to neck, chest, and back regions as well.

3. Severe 

This is when you have painful red pustules and papules, which refuse to reduce in size even after four days of appearing. This type of acne usually hinders sleep and other essential activities.

*

Blackheads: Clogged pore that remains open and appears black in color due to dirt/oil.

Whiteheads: Clogged pores that are swollen with a white top due to presence of pus.

Papules: Usually red and bumpy raised lesion that is tender to touch, but doesn't contain pus. The skin around these are usually pink in colour.

Macules: Red, flattened lesions. NOT raised.

Pustules: Similar to Papules, except they are filled with pus and hence, may have a yellow top.

*

In most cases, non-inflammatory acne is caused by bacteria and has a different treatment approach when compared to inflammatory or super-inflammatory acne which are caused by both bacteria and hormonal imbalance. So you have to decide what kind of acne you have before you even think about getting rid of them. Mine is more on the Moderate-Severe border so I will be talking more about that in this book but I will cover things related to others too.

Thanks for reading, I hope this book will help you and one day, we'll all be free from acne.

Lots of Love ✨✨