t h r e e

Over the next month, Luna had time to fully explore Camp Half Blood. On her first day there, she saw the orientation video, which only proved her dad had explained most of everything already. Chiron allowed her to iris message him, which she'd found weird at first, but thought was extremally cool after. She assured her dad she was alright, and found out that he'd managed to get home safe as well. After that, she spent the day finding out what a demigod camp could offer. She learned that she enjoyed the Arena the most, where Luke would give some of the campers lessons on how to sword fight. During those lessons she met Annabeth Chase- a daughter of Athena whom everyone respected because she'd been at camp far longer then almost anyone else.

The blonde girl had pulled Luna aside one day and started questioning her.

"How many monsters did you meet on your way here?" She asked.

Luna blinked. "Er, I think about two? There where more before though, I don't really know."

Annabeth didn't seem to think her answer was enough. "What type of monsters were they?"

Luna tried to explain that she didn't really remember anything about any other monster encounter before due to the mist, but the daughter of Athena only seemed to be getting more impatient every time she spoke, like the answers Luna was giving her weren't satisfactory.

"I did fight a Griffin-" She started.

"That's a powerful monster," Said Annabeth appreciatively, like they were finally getting somewhere.

She was only left feeling more confused. "I suppose. Though I didn't really know how to fight it all that well. My dad was unconscious by the time Clarisse showed up."

At that, Annabeth deflated like a balloon. "Your dad." 

"Yeah?"

"Alright...Well I'm sure you just need a bit more practice with a sword and you'll be fine. "

Then she left.

"Don't mind wise girl," Said a voice behind her. "She thinks every new camper is the chosen one."

Luna turned around to face Clarisse. "The chosen one?"

"It's a bunch of crap," She said distastefully. "Annabeth visited the oracle a while ago looking for a quest, and it told her that she'd finally get one when a child of the big three -the demigod of the prophecy- comes to camp."

Luna was sure she understood most of what Clarisse said. On the second day at camp, she'd reluctantly went to Luke and asked him if he had any book on Greek Mythology she could read so that she wouldn't feel like a fool all the time. He'd guided her to the Athena cabin, where one of Annabeth's brothers handed her a thick book written in Ancient Greek.  She'd stared at him weirdly, but when her eyes landed on the page, she was surprised to find that she could understand it better then anything she'd ever read before.

But she had no idea what prophecy Clarisse was talking about.

"So you're saying she was hoping that I was a child of the big three,"

"Duh," She grinned. "Didn't you see how she looked when you said your dad was mortal? Like a kicked puppy. It was actually kind of hilarious."

"I suppose," Luna muttered. "But what is the big prophecy about? That's what interests me."

So Clarisse explained about the whole thing- the more she spoke, the gladder Luna was her mom was her godly parent and not her dad. She couldn't imagine having that much pressure put on her. Not to mention the wrath of several gods wanting to kill you simply for living. She understood why Annabeth had been pestering her about what type of monsters had attacked her now. She was looking for signs that Luna was powerful enough to attract a potent monster.