Chapter 20

"Good evening." Kol voices, flashing up behind Matt, who was looking around, searching for Bonnie and Caroline. "You're Rebekah's friend. We haven't met." Kol offers his hand.

A dangerous smirk was playing at his lips, besides dancing with his mate, this was going to be the highlight of his evening.

Matt carefully studies the man. At last, he steps up to him, taking hold of the offered hand. "Matt Donovan."

"Kol Mikaelson." Kol's smirk widens as he tightens his hold on Matt's hand, squeezing until he can hear bones crack under the pressure, making Matt groan in pain and drop to the floor.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey!" Damon interjects, taking in the scene before him. He hadn't been mistaken to perceive the youngest Mikaelson male to be a sadistic asshole like Niklaus.

Niklaus, who was done with waiting patiently, almost storms up the stairs, not caring about attracting weird looks from the lingering guests. The concern is legible on his face and he snuffs frantically, trying to locate Luna's scent, which is quite difficult as his house is filled with people.

Elijah, Finn, and Rebekah follow him closely, now also getting worried.

Once upstairs, they see Damon approaching their younger brother.

"Easy on the hand. Guy's a-" Damon comments.

It takes Elijah less than a second to speed over to Damon, slamming him into the nearest wall. Like his sibling, he had watched him and his brother gawk at his mate, Damon was definitely the kind of person who would harm Luna for his own gain.

"Where is she? What did you do?" Elijah bellows, thrusting his hand into Damon's chest, firmly gripping his heart.

Kol's smirk drop at the sudden change of events. He lets go of Matt's hand while eyeing the gathered group. He didn't see his mate, which sparked a sense of panic in the Mikaelson

"Ow" Damon groans, trying to keep his body as still as possible, staring at the enraged Original.

"Answer"

Niklaus, who had also flashed forward, snaps his fingers impatiently in Damon's face, waiting for his response.

"You talking about...Luna? You're barking up against the wrong tree" Damon snarls, immediately wincing as Elijah tightens his grip.

Niklaus glares fiercly at Damon, eyes tinting gold and veins webbing under his eyes.

"This is not the time to start your stand-up career. Where is she?" Elijah interjects, holding Niklaus back with his free hand.

"I..don't... know!" Damon replies, groaning in pain.

• • •

"Mother" Finn greets stiffly, entering his mother's study.

Although his demeanor is casual, his gaze frantically wanders the room, looking for a sign of his mate's presence.

Since Damon was ignorant of his mate's location, only one suspect remained. He had immediately sped towards his mother's study, not caring to inform his siblings, they would soon follow.

He suspects his mother's privacy spell to still be intact, so he deliberately left the door ajar.

Esther looks up from her grimoire, acknowledging Finn's presence.

"Finn, my dear boy. We can complete the link." Esther declares, rising from her seat, reaching for the dagger she had used earlier on the doppelganger.

"Where is she?" Finn asks, gazing intently at his mother, his voice cold and stern.