Loving the enemy | Eimiko Part 1

Start from the beginning

Each of them were given a specific person to get Intel from, Ei was assigned an acquaintance of the Fatui name 'Yae Miko', who owned a well selling book company that was theorized to be doing some illegal dealings with the Fatui. Zhongli however, was assigned an actual Harbinger, Childe specifically, who was known for his playful mannerisms, so maybe it would be easier to get Intel then what Zhongli had intentionally thought.

Ei pulled some strings and made sure each of them would be working for the two, faking documents that showed they had enough experience and wealth to work under the harbingers. To ensure the wealth part, their boss, Focalors, managed to get her hands on a large sum of money that the two would take a quarter of everyday for the week in case they got into any trouble.

The Fatui loved money, though they had a lot of it, Ei and Zhongli made sure that their 'small' sum would be acceptable to Fatui terms. Now that they were ready, they went inside and were escorted to the elevator by a security guard, who took them to one of the top floors.

Leading them to a room, they were shocked to see just who they were looking for. Childe and Yae Miko who seemed to be waiting for them.

This was somewhat suspicious, their exact targets being some of the first people they met. But nonetheless, Zhongli stepped forward and shook the harbinger's gloved hand, Ei did the same thing, giving Yae Miko a quick handshake.

She immediately noticed how pretty she was, Miko must have been a mind reader or something cause she seemed to notice this because she gave Ei a quick wink. Feeling her face burn up, Ei took a step back and avoided eye contact with the sly woman.

" Since you both have impressive records," Miko said, " we decided to personally train you. Of course I'm not a harbinger but I'm still qualified enough."

" I'll be taking the pretty one." Miko stated, gently grabbing Ei by the hand and pulling her to where she was standing.Ei felt like her face was burning, but she forced herself to focus, the side of her face being a bright pink.

No one seemed to notice this as the security guard was sent away, now it was just the four of them. Though be it a bit suspicious that they were almost immediately paired with their targets, Ei went along with it though.

And then the week long plan began.

Day one went smoothly, Miko explained the simple stuff to Ei, a brief introduction of the harbingers. Though it wasn't anything she hadn't heard before, she mentally noted down how blandly Miko talked about the harbingers, like she simply didn't care for them.

When they got a minute to take a break, Ei wondered how she would get the needed Intel. But she didn't need to wonder anymore, " I'm assure you'll be fine by yourself for a few minutes?" Miko asked, explaining she had a small meeting she needed to get too.

Taking the opportunity, Ei nodded and watched as the woman she had spent most of the afternoon with walk off, finally leaving her alone in the small office she had brought her too.

She didn't want to do anything to risky on the first day, so she first took in her surroundings. It was hard to pinpoint a starting point at first, but Ei spotted a notebook on the bookshelf.

It was small, so it didn't take up to much room in her pocket as she slipped it in after making sure there weren't any security cameras in the room. Everything felt too easy, but she had to take what she could get.

When Miko returned, she didn't seem to notice the absence of the notebook, she excused Ei after telling her the work day was over.

Finally returning the familiar apartment, Ei let herself rest on the couch. Though her thoughts were disturbed by that woman she was made to work with.

Forcing herself to focus on something else, Ei sat at her desk and flipped through the files of the mission. Only to regret it when she saw the picture of Miko given to help identify her.

Slamming the file close, Ei silently belittled herself. This was an important mission she was not supposed to be developing a crush on her target, this had never happened before, she was known in her field for her serious demeanor.

But here she was, face as red as a cherry over her target. What was she supposed to do now?

Feeling somewhat helpless, she took a small pack of dango she had bought and ate it. Only then remembering the notebook.

She reached into her pocket and took it out, placing the dango on a napkin, she began flipping through the notebook, trying to find anything. It was mostly business transactions or notes about what books Miko sold were doing best.

She re-wrote down the business transactions made specifically with the Fatui down, in case they proved themselves any worth. Once done, she hid the notebook and went to her bed, now somewhat relaxed compared to earlier.

-----------------

It was day three and so far she hadn't gotten much, whenever Zhongli would report back what he had gotten she was a tad-bit jealous. Compared to her he had an admirable amount, managing to find a few suspicious companies the Fatui had contact with.

The boss seemed happy with Zhongli's work, but would throw remarks at Ei describing how disappointed she was. Which made Ei work even harder.

That day, Miko hadn't shown up so she was left on her own. Miko had more companies she was affiliated with apparently, so dumped her work she did for the Fatui most days on Ei.

But, Ei didn't complain, that meant she got to use the small office Miko would use whenever she would spend her time at the Fatui. Luckily for Ei, there were no cameras in the office but there was also no lock, so anyone could come in whenever they wanted to.

Which was a small stab at her investigation but she would have to manage. She kept getting distracted by the thought of Miko yet again, she somewhat wished she could spend time with Miko.

But that was ridiculous right? She had an investigation to do and she couldn't bond with the target. In her search she found a few files, which she placed on her lap as she sat in the chair, making sure she had a drawer open in the desk in case anyone came in so she could quickly hide the evidence.

Luckily there was no need to, her search through the files was not interrupted. Ei was able to get a breath taking amount of information, shocked to find reports of risky trades and sells the woman that she had been admiring made.

Quickly, Ei noted down all the suspicious things she had found and jolted them down on her notepad and shoved it into her pocket. She placed the files back into their original place, the day over now she made her way home.

Once home she couldn't comprehend what she had found, but still she arranged a meeting with her boss and got herself ready for bed. Ei wasn't known for her cooking skills, she simply had another stick of dango for dinner and flopped onto her bed, not taking long to fall asleep.

Part 2 will be published as soon as possible! If anything seems confusing please tell me, this is my first attempt at writing a spy related chapter.