Tim snickered while watching her dart over to the bathroom, and then he finally shuffled out of bed. He started stripping the sheets to make it easier for Dave and Amy to wash the bedding when Lucy emerged.

"I was gonna lay down again," she said.

"Sorry, I was just trying to help."

"It's okay. We should probably start packing anyways."

"Yeah," he agreed.

"Actually," Lucy had an idea and lunged forward to take the neatly folded bedding out his hands. "I think I should wash all this."

"It might take a few hours. Are you sure you don't wanna get on the road soon? I don't mind staying...for the laundry."

"Maybe, we can both take care of it together," she suggested, and she hoped he would say yes and agree to stay in their bubble of pretend for a few hours more.

"Sure. Yeah, I can help you make the bed when everything's washed," he offered knowing making a bed did not require the collaborative effort of two people.

"Perfect. I might even sweep up and maybe clean the bathroom."

"I could clean up the kitchen," he proposed, even though they both knew they had only used the coffee maker in the kitchenette.

"Great."

"Great. So, let's start the laundry, get ready, and grab some breakfast. Then, we can come back and clean up."

"Sounds like a plan," Lucy gave him a soft smile and walked over to the little closet where the washing machine was  hidden inside of.

After getting ready (again, in perfect harmony despite sharing a small bathroom), Lucy and Tim walked up the beach. He reached for her hand, and she slotted her fingers between his perfectly as if they had done it a million times. When they walked inside the main house, all eyes turned to them.

"You woke up late, Lucy. You shouldn't be so lazy in the morning," Vanessa commented.

"It's my fault, Mrs. Chen," Tim fibbed to take the blame.

"Sounds like you two have already had a busy morning," Tamara joked.

Lucy blushed while Amy chuckled. "Leave the lovebirds alone. There's still plenty of food. Come on," Amy grinned and bent her neck in the direction of the kitchen where all of the breakfast was laid out.

Tamara followed the couple to get another blueberry pancake.

"Was that necessary?" Lucy hissed under her breath to her roommate.

"I thought you wanted me to play along?" The younger woman replied, feigning innocence, but there was the ghost of a devilish grin on her face.

Tim looped his arm around Lucy's waist and asked, "Want some pancakes, baby?"

She nodded and leaned into him a little. In a few short hours, even if they tried to delay leaving by cleaning the cottage, Lucy knew she wouldn't get to revel in Tim's hands on her or the soft way he calls her "baby", and she wanted to soak up every last minute of it.

He smiled and set two pancakes on her plate, then, he reached for the syrup and started drowning the pancakes in the golden brown liquid the way she likes.

Lucy pursed her lips together to try to stop smiling, but she absolutely adores how well he knows her- even how she prefers her pancakes. He has teased her before claiming she eats "syrup with a side of pancakes", yet Tim poured the syrup for her and only grumbled quietly, "I can't believe you drown your pancakes like this."