Chapter 10

"Damien stop!", Jonathan tried to calm his friend once again but he kept wrecking the place.

"She's gone Nathan! Gone! This is our fault!", Damien roared as he broke another window.

Ever since they took Emerald, Damien went crazy. He broke everything in the house.

Glass shards were on the floor, the chairs were broken and there were several holes in the walls from his punches.

Jonathan was always the calm one, he had to keep himself together to calm Damien.

That's how they've always been.

But now...

There was no way to calm him.

"Nathan! Where's that money?!"

"What? For what?"

"I'm getting her back. The deal's off. She's a kid. She-"

"And what about all the other kids we've sold!", Jonathan yelled, "We've sold so much people before and you never acted like this! What makes that girl so special huh?! She's just like the others we've sold. We got paid like usual so let's just-"

"SHUT UP!", Damien panted heavily, "You expect me to believe all that? What makes her so special? So different?", he gripped Jonathan's collar, "She's just like the others? Then why are you crying huh?!"

Jonathan's eyes were red as the tears slid down his cheeks.

"She is different. Want to know why? Because I'm like this and you're in tears. Something we never do when we sell someone. So stop with the mature act and help me get her back. Help me get our little girl back"