I Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Pt.1)

A/N: I listened to Can't Help Falling in Love by Kina Grannis, but I really did include any of the lyrics, so you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to 💗

"Hi, I was wondering if you knew where Zak Brown's office was?" That was the first time he heard her voice. Her comforting, calming tone that had flooded all his thoughts and destroyed every trace of thought, leaving in its wake only pictures of her. Lando had turned around at the small, shy sound and found a girl who was slightly shorter than him, her eyes twinkled as she realized who she had just spoken to, yet he couldn't find it in him to be mad she had interrupted his conversation, being struck by her beauty instead.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude." She rushed out as she whipped around and tried to run away, becoming annoyed with herself for potentially ruining the chances of her getting this assistant position.

Lando was quick to jump out and grab her arm, stopping her steps and whipping her around to meet his gaze again, "No, it's okay. How can I help you?"

He had smiled at her and that was the moment she knew she was done for. The fact that she was on the last round of interviews to become his personal assistant slipped her mind as she stared up at his blue eyes. If you had knocked on her head at that moment, it would have been hollow, completely emptied out by the image of his small grin and flash of teeth.

"Zak Brown's office?" She tried once more, seemingly surprised he wasn't a rude, obnoxious driver.

Pointing down a hallway, Lando watched as her eyes left his face and followed down his arm, "It's just around that corner. You'll see the plaque on the door."

With an appreciative look in his direction and a check of the time, she rushed off, mumbling a thanks and that she was going to be late.

Lando's brain memorized the flash of y/h/c hair that whipped past him and it visited him in his sleep as he realized he had become obsessed with a girl he had spoken to for a singular minute.

When she had gotten the job, she'd been ecstatic. Being someone's assistant wasn't exactly what she had planned for her life, but the money was good and that was all that mattered to her, seeing as she had been on the verge of being evicted for months. She didn't anticipate the feelings that would inevitably grow for her boss as the months continued on and neither had Lando.

The moment Zak had told him they had found a girl to take some work off his plate, he had been relieved. However, that feeling was quickly replaced with immense nerves as he recognized the same y/h/c hair from that day in the garage. She had walked through the door of his driver's suite and the air had been taken out of his lungs entirely. With her fitted black pants and flowy blouse, she had looked picture perfect to him. It was like he had known her better than she knew herself since the second they met. He could see how the outfit was trying to be professional, but also friendly at the exact same time, and he clocked the way her hair had been straightened so as to not overdress the look too much. He could see all the effort and thoughts that went behind every action when no one else could.

They had exchanged their pleasantries and, scarily quickly, fell into the routine. They fit, everyone could see it, just not in the way people thought. While the longing gazes and questionably placed touches seemed like two associates bodily-communicating about PR and work was actually two people yearning for each other. It was weird, Lando thought, how no one, not even fans who were usually quick to see it, saw his love for her. Over the months she became acclimated to the position, he had fallen in love with her quick-learning and determination. Then it was her attention to detail, then her ability to be stern with him when it was needed, then her ways of comforting him without words when races didn't go well, and then, he realized, he had just fallen in love with all of her.