Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow

Start from the beginning

Y/N: I observe. I do not judge.

  His gaze softened a bit, but he steals his resolve. You prepare for the fight of your life as you bring your fists up in a stance.

*Moments Before*

  Catherine sat in an office with her partner Val as she was messing with his hair. The two sat and waited for the person they were there to meet as boredom seemed to take over the oung huntress. 

Val: Can you not right now?

Catherine: What? Your hair is so fluffy. IF you didn't want me to play with it you should have just cut it.

Val: Or maybe you should act your age.

Catherine: You are literally one year younger than me.

Val: No, you were born literally a day before me.

Catherine: Well, I was born on New Years Eve of 2003, and you were born on new years day of 2004. So I was born a YEAR before you. Boom! Logic.

Val: . . . How you are so high ranked as a hunter surprises me.

  Before the two could argue any further, the person of their interest had entered. 

Jekyll: Hello you two. Didn't expect a visit from you any time soon Val. Good day to you as well Catherine. I am Dr. Jekyll. Nive to officially make your acquaintance. 

  Jekyll looked so tired and drained. Like he hadn't slept in days, but the name rang to Catherine like she had heard it before. She stands to shake his hand in greeting as Val does the same.

Catherine: Hello Doctor. If you don't mind, why are you in Sleepy Hollow?

Jekyll: Perfect place for outcasts. I tuck myself away here whenever the need arises. I cannot be in the human world too long and risk my darker half coming out.

Val: So it's true. This city really is full of monsters. 

Catherine: Told you those kids were odd. Makes sense now as to why we were told to see what was here. But Doctor, I must ask, have you seen a beast with violet eyes anywhere around town?

Jekyll: Well in a city full of monster. I am sure one of them has violet eyes. Some sirens, other vampires, maybe a gorgon or two. But you'll have to be more specific. I don't stay in the loop with this city or it's residence. Only the Brides of Dracula.

  Catherine and Val's hearts skip a beat at that.

Val: Those vixens are here? In this city?

Jekyll: Yes. They had me work on a special patient of there's not too long ago. Believe it or not, he was a Van Helsing. Imagine that.

. . .

Catherine: . . . What?

  Jekyll sat at his desk taking a cup of coffee in hand and sipping it down ever so lightly.

Jekyll: I know. I was just as surprised. But the way they spoke about him and watched over him. They clearly feel something for that boy. I believe his name was (Y/N)-

Catherine: That's my cousin!

  Catherine practically shouted that out of nowhere as she stood to her feet. She slams her hands down on Jekyll's desk and stares him in the eyes.

Catherine: Where is he now?!?

  Jekyll adjusted his glasses as he drank from his coffee cup.

Jekyll: Most likely with them as we speak. I don't pry into the lives of my patients too much. So the finer details aren't known to me. IT seems that they have an interesting relationship.