He looked back at the road before reaching back, causing Jaleah to instantly try to dodge his touch.

"Calm the hell down, Journey." Peter mugged her before ripping the tape off Jaleah's mouth, causing her to wince in pain.

"Help!" She instantly started screaming, staring outta the window that appeared to be tinted.

"Shut the fuck up." Peter said, shushing her. "Nobody give a fuck about you no more, you been gone for 2 days. Everybody think you dead, I sent them a picture of your body."

"What?" Jaleah mumbled in disbelief.

"Shit, I thought you was dead too. If only you pretended for 30 minutes longer." Peter said, laughing once again. "I was gone bury you right next to Brianna."

Jaleah looked at him at the mention of her godmother, her eyes watering as tears slowly slid down her cheeks.

"I still remember that night as if it was yesterday. We were so drunk off our asses that we didn't even know that we were about to hit yall car. The snow ain't make it no better. Y'all car spun a little, hit a tree and Brianna was dead on impact."

Jaleah silently listened. She didn't know what happened that night or how she ended up with them, so she was curious about his side of the story.

"We was gone drive off but Katrina had a good heart. Too fucking good of a heart." Peter said clenching his jaw. "When she saw little ole you lying in the back seat unconscious but breathing, she didn't wanna leave you there to die."

He explained how Katrina took her to their car to get her all warmed up while him and Samantha, Jaleah's aunt drove Brianna's car into a nearby lake with her body inside.

"The next day when you woke up you would not stop crying for your sister. I wanted to smother you, but Katrina wasn't having it."Peter said letting out a low chuckle. "Did you know you wasn't deaf before all of that happened? You slowly lost your hearing after the crash."

"Where's Savanna?" Jaleah broke her silence, slightly wincing in pain from the throbbing feeling in her head.

"Savanna? She's safe, don't worry." Peter said as he glanced at Jaleah through the rear view. "You know she set this whole thing up? You shouldn't even be worried about her."

Jaleah blinked, "Your lying."

"Why would I lie? What would I gain from that?" Peter questioned, making a turn onto the highway.

"She— She wouldn't do that. She wouldn't." Jaleah mumbled shaking her head in disbelief.

"But she did though." Peter told her, leaving Jaleah to think as his phone rung. "Hello?"

"Pedro still wanna see her. He said to meet him at the usual spot." The man from before told Peter.

"Alright, I'll let you know when I'm on my way." Peter told him before hanging up.

"Where— Where are you taking me?" Jaleah asked and Peter stayed silent. "Where are you taking me?" Jaleah asked once again.

"Gosh you're annoying. Making me regret not killing you." Peter mugged her. "I tried, trust. I shot up your house, burnt up your other house, I even persuaded that old lady into putting nuts into her cake. Everything I fucking did, you would not fucking die."