The Whole World is Watching

Sam, Bucky, Ellie, and Zemo left the apartment to head down to the street to Donya Madani's funeral service. Ellie thought that the person she would least want to see would be Henry, but she almost wished it was him instead of John Walker walking towards them with Lemar Hoskins. 

"Oh, great," Ellie muttered. 

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you to be pulling this shit," John shouted. 

"Ah!" Bucky exclaimed with open arms, but his voice held endless exasperation. "How'd you find us now?" 

Hoskins shook his head. "C'mon man, you really think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Ellie had to admit that he was right. She had a little more respect for Hoskins than she did for Walker. 

"No more keeping us in the dark," John said and nodded his head to Zemo. "You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison." 

"He did that himself, technically," Bucky shot back. 

Walker gestured wildly with his arms as he reached them. "This better be an unbelievable explan--" 

"Hey, take it easy before it gets weird," Sam cut him off and pushed him away from Bucky. 

Walker remembered that they were in public and he stepped back. 

"I know where Karli is," Zemo stated with confidence. 

Without further explanation, he and Bucky began to walk past Walker when he stopped them. 

"Well, where?" He questioned with his hand on Zemo's arm. 

"All we know is, it's a memorial," Sam explained. "So we're gonna intercept her there." 

Zemo carefully removed Walker's hand from his arm and continued to walk while Bucky followed him, keeping his glare on Walker. 

"That means civilians," Hoskins began. "High risk of casualties." 

Walker turned with a nod and followed Zemo and Bucky. "All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise." 

Ellie's face scrunched into a look of bewildered disgust and she quickened her pace so that she could get in front of Walker and Hoskins. 

"No, no, don't kick down the door with guns blazing demanding shit," Ellie said. 

John practically waved her off as he sneered and continued to walk. 

"I wanna talk to her alone," Sam added as he walked alongside him. 

"I'm not losing her again," John responded. 

"Look the closest person to her died, she's vulnerable," Sam explained. "If there is any time to reason with her, it's now." 

Ellie quickened her pace once more and she jogged to catch up with Bucky and Zemo. Bucky glanced down at her to share an irritated gaze in response to Walker's ignorance. Suddenly, a wave of irritation washed over John as he sensed that he was losing control of the situation. 

"What? No. Wait, no!" He ran to get ahead of the group and he stopped in front of them with his hands held up. "No, stop. Hold on. Stop, Okay? I think we're way past reasoning with her unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it." 

"Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you," Hoskins warned. 

"And if I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people could die," Sam argued. 

Ellie chewed her lip from her impatience. She wanted to push past Walker and just get to where they wanted to go. Maybe even try to lose Walker and Hoskins in the streets of Riga. But she knew that she would have to push her patience to its limit and wait. Sam had a way of talking with people so maybe he would be able to persuade Walker.