CHAPTER FIVE, the real campers of shallow lake

Start from the beginning

"Ricosil?" Gina tried reading the board.

Carlos sighs. "No. It's The Real Campers of Shallow Lake. The franchise I was always destined to join. I mean, you were."

"Look, it's easy." EJ said, trying to reassure the campers. "You know how normally we act like regular people, and we pick up on social cues, and we care about our feelings? But now that's over."

"Because the key to any great reality show is the three Bs." Carlos adds. "Bombshells, betrayals, and b**h slaps." Carlos listed off, causing everyone to gasp.

"Can he say that?" Gina inquired, surprised at hearing that like the others were.

"Look, I love the housewives as much as anyone," Kourtney chimes in. "But how are we gonna pull this off when we're real students who don't have millions to burn and kids to blame?"

Jet raises his hand. "Can I be Team Kourtney on this?" Yeah, apparently Jet came back to Camp and he's here to stay this time. Ophelia was surprised to find this out, but she was glad Jet decided on staying this time.

"No." Carlos points at him. "Here's what we're doing." Val takes off the poster board revealing the next one that had 'the r.c.o.s.l.' in the middle and around them were squares and in the squares had a specific title on them. "There's the judgy one, the jilted ex, the one with the dark past, the crier, the one with the catchphrase, the one who's here for the wrong reasons, the shrink, the bad boy, the couple who argues a lot, the diva, and the instigator." 

"Mmm-hmm." Val agrees. "It's a formula, and the formula works."

"Each of you has a role to play today." Carlos spoke as Val held up a poste board with pictures of some of the campers on it with their names on it.

"I'm sorry. Carlos, did you cast this?" Maddox asked, raising her eyebrows.

Carlos chuckles. "I'm back, baby."

"Isn't this a little tawdry?" Kourtney inquired.

Jett nods. "Was gonna say the same thing."

"And that's why you, Kourt, get to be the judgy one." Carlos chuckled as Val placed Kourtney's picture on the judgy one square on the board. Everyone clapped for Kourtney, who smirked. 

"But do we want to look like villains on TV?" Ricky spoke up, looking concerned.

"I thought you'd want to go sympathetic," Carlos nods. "Which is why you get to be the jilted ex." Val then placed Ricky's picture on the jilted ex square.

Ricky nods slowly while grimacing. "Oh, good."

"Ashlyn, you've got a dark past." Carlos pointed at the red head.

"I'm dying." Ashlyn agrees. "Yes." She grins as Val puts her picture on the dark past square. "Guys, this is gonna be fun."

"Gadget, you're the crier." Carlos continues. "Ophelia, you're the one with the catchphrase." He said as Val put Ophelia's picture on the catchphrase square.

Ophelia smiles, looking interested. "Nice! What's my catchphrase?" 

"'Don't get me started'." EJ said and Ophelia nodded in response.

"Luca and Gina will be the arguing couple." Carlos added.

"What?" Luca frowns, glancing at Gina. "But we never really argue."

"I know, babe, but we got this." Gina reassures him, squeezing his hand that was in hers. She smiles at him. "We can do anything." Luca nodded and smiled at her. Neither of them liked the fact they would have to argue, but they knew that when they did it wouldn't mean anything.