Chapter 1 Heartbroken And A Wedding

Start from the beginning

"I have learned that the newborn son of the queen Amma and she passed away in childbirth." Rhaenarr frowned in response to what he said." There are rumors that the king cut his wife open to save the child, but the child was lost later on." Rhaerion nodded after he told him. Given that the queen was his aunt, Rhaenarr felt bad for her.

"I hope everything is well with my brother and niece. Does anything else?" He looked at Delaela when she asked." The Iron Throne is to be inherited by the King's daughter." Everyone's eyes widened as he spoke. A young woman seated on the throne for the first time? Women shouldn't sit on the throne." Vanyx stated, not believing it.

"Doesn't he have a brother, and shouldn't he come after him in line?" Vanyx questioned them." Your grace, the realm has made it clear that they do not want him to be king." Vanyx's eyes bulged when Stanley informed him.

"But if the king decides to take a wife once more, he is the only choice and the only male who would come after him." Rhaenarr only gave Vanyx a blank stare as he told them. Why did Vanyx find it difficult to accept that a woman can rule?

"Since she is the king's firstborn, I believe it is good that a woman can be the next in line." Everyone turned to look at Rhaenarr as he spoke." But it's breaking tradition." Vanyx told him and Rhaenarr shook his head.

"Men only made it a tradition because they wanted it to be one. They object to a woman having authority over them." Rhaenarr remarked, and Vanyx shot him a glare before grinning." And for this reason, you are the second child born, brother." Rhaenarr glanced at him as he spoke.

"What does that mean, then?" Rhaenarr asked of him." If you believe a woman can sit on the throne, that implies that you wouldn't exactly make a good ruler. Who knows, maybe if you had been King you would have allowed your firstborn daughter to be the next in line." Rhaenarr scowled at Vanyx's comment.

"That's enough." Vanyx rolled his eyes as Rhaerion spoke while addressing him." And there he is, standing up for his favorite child." Vanyx murmured silently." Why don't you go with your sisters to town, Rhaenarr?" He acknowledged what his mother said with a nod before leaving.

"I do not appreciate the way you spoke to your brother." Delaela spoke while glancing at her oldest child, but all he did was roll his eyes." Even though he will never actually experience being king, he needs to know what it's like." Vanyx said while grinning. Delaela sighs and then turns to face her husband, who gave her a nod.

"I haven't even revealed who will be the next in line for the throne." The king told his son and Vanyx widened his eyes." But it's obvious that I'll follow after you. I am the oldest son." Rhaerion looked at him as he spoke.

"Just because you are the first born son, doesn't mean you are going to rule. If you keep going at this pace, your brother might be the next in line." Vanyx grew silent as he continued. Stanley makes the decision to speak up after observing the tension in the family.

"Maybe the prince can find a useful task to complete, like finding a wife." Everyone turned to look at him as he spoke." What do you propose there, Stanley?" Delaela questioned." What I really mean to say is that, by lord's grace, he is already 21 years old and still single." Rhaerion pondered what Stanley had just told them.

"Father, how could you possibly be thinking about this?" Rhaerion looked at Vanyx as he asked. For the time being, he is correct, and we will begin looking for your wife." Vanyx was about to respond when his parents gave him a disapproving glare." Let's return to the topic we were discussing now." They responded with a nod as they moved on.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Rhaernarr smiled as he finally found his two sisters. Maera noticed him approaching and smiled. He approached them as they stood there watching the guards do their thing.