The Animal King

Emily POV

    I woke up in a bed, with chains around my wrist and legs. I looked around wildly, trying to figure out were I was. I turned to my side, and saw a girl lying on another bed, a blanket covering most of her body. She watched me struggle for a while, some type of amusement in her eyes.

"You know, you can't possibly get out. The Animal King made every chain to resist every power. Ever. So just stop trying. Or don't. Whatever." she said, her expression changing into an annoyed glare. "I'm Ani by the way. What's your name?"

"Emily. Have you been here for a while?" I asked.

"Not that long, but long enough to know what's going to happen to happen to us." she replied.

"And what would that be?"

"Well, the Animal King is going to force you to show him your power, if you have any, and then combine your DNA with the animal that suits you best. Then, eventually, he will use some magic to suck you into his necklace, and use your powers. Just like he did to the others" Well, that sounds like fun.

"Do you have any powers?"

"Well, sorta. I mean, I'm part wolf so, I guess that's one thing," she shifted the blanket so I could see hear fur-covered arms and legs, "and I can mirror someone's moves. So if I see a professional chef make the best omelet ever, I could make that very same omelet with no practice. What are you powers?"

"I'm pretty good with a bow, and I can teleport. So you're pretty sure I can't teleport out of these?"

"YES! Do you have anyone looking for you? That's probably the only way we're going to get out, unless..." the end of her sentence trailed off as she thought. "Unless you could teleport out during the evaluation! Then you could grab something, free me, and teleport to your home! Where do you live, anyway?" Wow, this girl certainly asks a lot of questions.

"Um, I live at Titans tower, with the Teen Titans." I didn't completely trust this girl, but it isn't really a secret.

"Really? Wow! I've always wanted to go there! When we're free, can you take me there?"

"If we get free, then sure."

Just then, a door opened and a man shrouded by shadows entered. His necklace glinted red in the light as he motioned for me to exit. My shackles instantly unlocked and I ran for the doorway.

My examination has begun.