Epilogue

Abby's POV

"Abby! Lily! You made it through!" Grandma had said to us she had a few other people with her and she hugged Lily and I. They rushed us out off the house and off the property.

"Where are the others? Where's my son, Edward?" I was being hounded with questions by Edwards mother. It was the first question we had in a long line of questions. Eventually our grandma took us under her wing.

We live with her back in the town where mom killed herself. Grandma lived in a mansion and she spent a lot of time dealing with other people's paranormal problems so she was rarely home to be with us and had a nanny for us. On one of the rare occasions she was home to eat dinner with us.

"The funeral will be soon," Grandma said as she wiped jam off of Lily's cheek.

"We don't wanna talk about it," I tell grandma.

"Of course... How has school been?" Grandma asked us.

"It's been ok but," Lily started with a mouth full of bagel and continued after she swallowed, "I don't like it."

"What is it you don't like? It's a top private school. Are you being bullied?" Grandma was full of worry.

"No... It's just that... Everyone is so happy and I'm not. How can people smile know that there are monsters out there?" Lily asked as her eyes filled with tears. I watched Grandma's face to see her reaction. She was understanding for the most part as she wiped Lily's tears and stroked her hair.

"You listen up too, Abigail," she nodded to me, "everyone has a monster in them. Wether that monster is all they are is up to them. It's the same way with the dead. Not all ghost stay just because they're tormented or trapped... There are some that don't want to leave their loved ones. There are some that are just lost and need guidance. It's just like people," grandma smiled to us.

"What about daddy and Emma and Sydney... Are they stuck?" Lily asked.

"No... If you open your eyes and see then you'd know. Now both of you go before your late for school," Grandma had told us and I stuffed the last of my bagel in my mouth before I led Lily out the door in our school uniforms. We wore black skirts that were a little above the knees with long sleeve white blouses and dark blue sweaters with church shoes. We started our walk to school.

"What do you think grandma meant by open our eyes?" Lily asked me as she kicked a pebble.

"I don't know," I tell her even though I was just as curious.

"Have a great day," Grandma said from the top steps.

"Grandma we haven't eve-" I started to say as I turned back around and I saw Dad and mom standing next to her. Sydney and Emma sat on the steps under them. They all smiled at us.

"What you stop fo-," Lily started to ask me when she turned around and I could see her crying again.

"Have a good day at school pumpkin," dad said to her.

"Don't be a nerd in school Abby," Sydney teased me.

"Abby..." Lily said in a trembling voice. I was on the break of tears.

"Yea," I say.

"Who's that woman next to daddy?" She asked but I knew what she was hoping I'd say.

"That's mom," my voice almost came out as a whisper.

"We'll be waiting for when you get back baby," Mom smiled to Lily as she said that.

"Don't be late!" Grandma yelled and we turned back around and continued our walk to school. I kept rubbing the tears from my eyes and praying this wasn't a dream.

"It wasn't a dream right?" Lily asked me and I laughed a little.

"It's totally not a dream," I smiled for the first time in a while and Lily started laughing. I hadn't heard her laugh like this in a long time. She started skipping ahead.

"I want school to end soon!" She yelled and laughed and skipped all the way to school. Somehow even thought they're dead they're still with us... And I'm happy with just that.