𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

billie's pov

after a few more tests, it comes back that y/n's broken back did cause her to become paralyzed from the waist down. this makes her a paraplegic. shit. i know this will only make her mental worse than what it was before.

"i'm so so sorry!" she cried.

"love, it's okay. i promise you, i'm not mad." i said.

"i-i'll get my own house. maybe i can hire someone to take care of me. y-you shouldn't be the one doing it." she continued to cry.

i haven't seen her like this in so long. for a while she was just completely numb.

"no, i will gladly take care of you. i love you. i care for you. i promise i'm not going anywhere." i wiped her tears away.

she took a deep breath.

"that's it." i smiled.

she started to calm down. i leaned down to kiss her forehead. her eyes fluttered. i smiled.

~~~~~~

it's now been four months since the accident. we're 19. y/n is obviously in a wheelchair but she's not letting it stop her. she's been doing really good deeds. she's been open. she's been going to the gym. even though she can't move her legs, she's been working on her upper body. we've also been seeing a therapist and today is her first time going to physical therapy for her legs. we got an x-ray last week to check on her back and it has healed. we just have to get her used to walking again.

"hello, ms. y/l/n and ms. eilish. my name is andrea, i'll be working with you today" she said with a smile before shaking our hands.

"i won't work you hard today. we're gonna start it slow by practicing some unsupported sitting. are you okay with that?" andrea asked.

y/n hesitated but nodded.

"you can do this. i know you can." i smiled.

y/n returned the smile. andrea wheeled y/n over to the stool and table. i followed them of course. there was a block in the middle of the table.

"alright, we're gonna transfer you to the stool. are you ready?" andrea asked.

"yes." y/n answered with more confidence.

"stand up." andrea said.

y/n looked at her dumbfounded. i knew exactly what andrea was doing so i stayed silent. y/n looked over at me. i just gave her a 'go on' motion. she gulped but grabbed the arms of the wheelchair for support.

"just like that." andrea said.

y/n tried pulling herself up but ended up falling to the floor. she groaned in frustration, trying to get off the floor. she looked up at me clearly wanting help. i felt a bit guilty.

"i-i can't do it." she said.

"yes you can." andrea said.

y/n shook her head.

andrea went to finally pick y/n up. i helped her and we put y/n on the stool. andrea kept a hand on her back and chest so she didn't fall.

"plant her feet." andrea looked at me.

i did as told.

"now, y/n, grab the block and move it back and forth." andrea stated.

y/n nodded and did just that. andrea slowly let go of y/n. y/n's eyes widened as she wobbled but focused on the block. i smiled. she's doing it.

"good job! you're doing it!" andrea clapped.

y/n smiled from ear to ear.

"now stop moving the block." andrea said.