Chapter Twenty Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

Three months later

"It's our honor to give you great service!" Giselle beamed through the phone with a bright smile radiating on her pretty face, "Thank you! Have a nice weekend, Mr. Turner." She finally ended the call and she turned to look out of the window of the office.

The sea was reflecting the shiny afternoon of the summer sun, but it would never be as luminous as the smile of the taller girl who was having a friendly talk with a client. She was wearing a beige cap with her braided silky dark hair, a light blue polo t-shirt with the printed company logo on her top left side, a pair of arm gloves to avoid her skin getting sunburnt, a pair of khaki slim-fit long pants and a pair of white vans.

Giselle couldn't help but chuckle at Drew's braided hair, which was actually done by her, since her senior practically begged her to do one for her after she saw Giselle braided her own hair this morning after they got ready. That side of Drew quite surprised Giselle but in a good way. Giselle would always be happy to do anything that Drew wanted.

The hot weather got the girls' skin very tanned, since they often had to go out of the office whenever the customer dropped by to check out the boat they would be using for their fishing.

Giselle rested her cheek on an open arm and watched as her senior patiently explained something to the customer. She adored Drew's confidence whenever she worked and communicated with their bosses and customers. Besides, Drew was fast to catch up with the culture, the slang, and the accent of the local Australians.

"Why are you still here, mate!" Giselle smiled at the familiar deep voice with an Aussie accent from her boss, Hugo. She quickly turned to give her boss a wave as a greeting. Hugo had a broad smile with an arm leaning against the frame of the door. His blue eyes were covered by a pair of aviator glasses, nicely groomed dark brown hair, and a short stubbly beard covering his sharp jawline. He was wearing the same polo uniform, khaki shorts, and a pair of slippers.

"You should be at home at this hour! I assured Drew that I would take care of the rest," Hugo said with a chuckle.

"We might need to help with some paperwork before calling it a day. I didn't think Drew would have time!" Luke, Zack's uncle, laughed while gently using a stack of invoices to hit his husband's arm. Luke liked to keep his dark hair short in a crew-cut style, and a clean-shaved face. His clothing style was twinning with Hugo and they were similar in height.

"That's wonderful!" Hugo winked at Luke as he gently slapped his husband's firm butt and whispered something with a click of his tongue.

"So, I might need it quick before we get a nice dinner on the yacht!" Luke beamed.

"And a cool sunset!" Hugo chimed in.

"That's okay, gentlemen! I got this. I can make it quick!" Giselle gladly offered since she knew her bosses would need their fun time sooner.

"Hey, you should go before you get late for Delilah's recipe cooking class!" Hugo said with a digit finger tapping his watch while Luke snaked an arm around Hugo and chuckled, "I already told Drew she can leave after another appointment with Miss Clement. And I might need an urgent meeting with Hugo."

"Okay! I'm leaving!" Giselle said with a heated face after she got the hint. She quickly took out her clutch and bid goodbye to her bosses. She waved at Drew and gestured to Drew about their boss's activity earning a light chuckle from her as she waved at Giselle before continuing talking to the client.

******

"Oh, that's your secret recipe for the curry!" Giselle was surprised at the recipe that Delilah had taught through the video call as she was holding the can of condensed milk to pour a little into it. She used the ladle to stir the curry chicken in the pot and she was already salivating with the pleasant aroma of curry and the lovely color of the sauce.