Prologue

A Rural Town

A man wanders into a rural town hoping that this is the place where he can accomplish his goal. He was an odd looking man with clothes that make him look like a hobo carrying a stick that has his...underwear hanging from it?

In his hands is a strange looking broken coin of sorts that from the looks of it has a bird on it

In his hands is a strange looking broken coin of sorts that from the looks of it has a bird on it. he looks at the coin with a hopeful expression "Well...this is the place. I hope he was right about this being the place that can bring you back."With that he ventures through to town before thinking 'But I wonder what he meant when he told me about a successor'

Central Park

Later he stumbles upon a park where he sits at a bench.He had just had a realization "aaaww... I don't even know what i'm supposed to be looking for. He just told me this place had the key to bringing him back but i don't even know what that key is."he sighs dejectedly. He was brought out of his thoughts when a little girl approached him. She looked no older than 8 years old with short black hair wear blue overalls with a yellow shirt underneath. She looks at the man and asks "why do you have underwear on your stick."he chuckles " well I usually keep it there when i need it dyed. I have a saying that all one needs to live off of is some cash and a fresh pair of underwear."The girl giggles "your funny whats your name?" "I'm Eiji Hino , nice to meet you." "Nice to meet you Mr.Hino ,My name is Michiru Kagemori."

"Just Eiji is fine I prefer it." she nods her head "Alright ,so what are you doing? You seem kind of sad."She says with a concerned voice. Eiji smiles at the girl "well i'm looking for something to help a friend of mine but I don't know where to look."Hearing this Michiru takes a thoughtful expression that admittedly looked kinda cute on the 8-year old. She then brightens "Oh I know we could go to the forest near here. I've been there before the river brings some cool stuff there sometimes. Like this one time I found a basketball there." Eiji thinks it over and thinks that it was better than nothing "where is it?" She runs out of the park saying "come on follow me." " Wha-Hey wait a minute what about your parents?!You shouldn't run off into the forest alone!" He yells as he runs after her.

The Forest

After arriving in the forest the two explore it looking for what they need. Though this proved to be difficult as neither of them knew when they were looking for. While walking Michiru decided to start a conversation "So what's that friend of yours like, the one your trying to help I mean." Eiji give an amused chuckle thinking back "Well he wasn't what you would call a people person. He had a tendency to be a little mean to people sometimes but underneath that he was a good person..If I had never met him I probably would have never helped all the people I did nor remember my desire." Michiru looked at him confused "Your desire?" he nodded "I wanted power. The power to reach my hand out to anyone who needs me,no matter what." Michiru was in awe at Eiji as she had never met someone like him. Eiji looks at Michiru "What about you, what's your desire?" Michiru thought about it and then thought about it "I don't know if I really have one." She asked. Eiji looks surprised but then smiles. "you know I was like that before I remembered mind. So how about this when you finally find out your desire yell it as loud as you can that way you can remember it. Ok?" she looked at him then smiles at him with a determined look "Right!".