14

Later on the day I went home, dreading to encounter mother and father and their furious demeanor. So I went straight to the back door, ignoring the turning of my stomach as I passed by the place he did those awful things to me.

Silently I opened the door, no one was at sight so I made my way towards the stairs. Quick and silent.

Someone clearing their throat caught my attention, so I looked up to the sound source and father was on the top of the stairs looking down at me, those vicious eyes penetrating my soul "Where were you young lady?" his voice was cold and cutting like a blade, I opened my mouth to say something, but he quickly said "You will marry Théodore and until then you will be closed on your room." I felt as if a million bricks were thrown at me at that moment, the air was knocked out of my lungs and the room started slightly spinning, but I didn't dare to say something.

Father made room for me to walk to my room. Silently I made my way to it, the door closing behind me and the lock snapping was when everything fell down on me. My knees collided with the hard floor and a scream I've been holding since forever went flowing through my mouth while hot tears ran down my rose cheeks.

~×~

It's been one month and a half, yesterday mother got in my room to announce the prince was in search of a wife and all the young ladies were invited to it.

Him being the prince cleared all the Théodore plans out of her mind, I'm not complaining, but the only person on my mind is our neighbour.

Since the night of the kiss I haven't been with her, seen her, touched her, talked to her. Nothing.

If my mind and ears didn't trick me, I think for a couple days she tried to reach me, knocked at the door giving excuses as simple as I promised to help her out in something or simply inviting me for tea, but was always turned down by Imelda and sometimes by father and mother.

Imelda came every day to my room, she brought meals so I wouldn't starve to death, helped me getting ready for the day, even if I was being held hostage on my own house, my own room by my own family and she tells me every time Lady Tremaine was there looking for me, her hope of hearing my voice and seeing me replaced by a disappointed expression and sad eyes.

~×~

A week later I was in my room getting ready to attend the ball where the prince was going to choose his future wife. Imelda was working on my hair, doing amazing braids on my y/h/c hair, while I was fidgeting with the rings adorning my fingers, my mind far away from that moment.

The woman behind me noticed and cleared her throat to claim my attention "Mon papillon, what's on your pretty mind?" she asked softly, I looked up to the mirror in front of me and saw her sweet eyes waiting for my response "Oh, nothing maman. I'm just nervous." I simply said, but she was not convinced "I know what you are thinking about and I must say, you do not have to worry." confusion formed on my features "What do you mean?" I asked "Well, yesterday I was out taking care of groceries and Lady Tremaine approached me-" my eyes went wide at her words and I waited for her to proceed "She asked me about you and I couldn't lie anymore to that Lady, she looked somewhat desperate to know where were you and how were you doing." my heart beated like never before "I told her about your, uhm- situation. And I must say I've never seen someone getting angry and relieved in one single moment. That Lady really cares about you, ma douce." that was my last straw, a sob escaped me and tears went freely down my cheeks "No, mon amour. Don't cry. I also informed her you'll be attending the ball that the prince was throwing." Imelda says while whipping the tears from my face "You'll see Lady Tremaine tonight. We will get you even prettier than you are! Your dearest will have no words when her eyes lay on you." she tells me with the biggest contagious smile on her lips making me smile too.