Sports Festival: Finale

Start from the beginning

"Shut the hell up!" Bakugo screamed. He ran at me on foot and started attacking. I dodged his rapid attacks as best I could, before catching his wrist. I raised my pistol and Bakugo opened his hand. In the same instant, I shot him in the chest and he released a point blank explosion at my face. Each of us grunted in pain. I shook it off and engaged again. I landed a kick on Bakugo's leg and then pistol whipped the temple off his head. He responded by grabbing my shirt collar and throwing me with a large explosion. I hid the ground hard, collecting scrapes and bruises before finally coming to a stop. As soon as I look up, Bakugo is above me, closing in. I combat rolled out of the way as he used his special move: Howitzer Impact. A massive explosion engulfed much of the arena and sent me packing, once again.

'Are the refs just going to let this guy kill me?!' I thought, scared. Bakugo was panting hard from using such a powerful move. I stood up and drew my other pistol. Then I started firing tons of shots at Bakugo. He screamed at the sudden impact. As he started moving again, I kept my guns trained on him. 'He's taking so many hits! Is he seriously only thinking about beating me?' I asked, shocked.

"Those eyes!" Bakugo said. My eyes widened at the sudden words. He continued trying to close in. I was able to keep him at a safe distance by staying moving and maintaining concentrated fire. He managed to get behind me, but I threw one of my pistols at his forehead, as he exploded me. I tumbled on the ground and struggled to get back up. Sure, I could handle the fire and heat aspect of them, but explosions are also lots of concussive force. Even the smallest of Bakugo's explosions were brutal. Meanwhile, Bakugo had taken a ridiculous amount of damage from my non-lethal rounds. Parts of his clothes were actually torn from the repeated impacts. "Those goddamn eyes! I hate them! You look at me like you think you can win! No matter what I do, those damn eyes never change!" Bakugo screamed, infuriated. His forehead was bleeding from where I threw my pistol at him.

"The hell are you talking about... That's exactly what a Hero does!" I shouted, irritated. Bakugo ceased his assault with a confused expression. "Honestly, I don't think I can beat you... I'm way more hurt then I'm letting on... I keep refilling my stamina to put the pain aside... And I've refilled my ammo so much, I can feel my mental fatigue increasing. But even so...I don't want to quit!" I said, honestly.

"What are you on about...?" Bakugo asked, confused.

"I don't give a damn about winning here today. This is just for show. But I still want to give it my all. No matter how bad my odds are, I'll keep trying! That's what Heroes do!" I screamed, excited.

Bakugo started moving towards me, once again

Bakugo started moving towards me, once again. I couldn't believe the timing, but an idea popped in my head. Seeing my opponent running at me, I did something I never thought of. I refilled my body's adrenaline levels to the absolute max I could. In that instant, my pupils grew large and my heart rate went crazy. Bakugo's movements looked slower than ever, as a result. 'I gave you my word... I promised I would become a better Hero than you...' I thought. I threw my foot in front of me and ran as hard as I could. I reared back my fist in adrenaline-fueled rage. Bakugo came at me with his explosions and I punched him in the gut as hard as physically possible. The stadium got quite, as they waited for the smoke to clear.